lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
K Horn, WOW !
shocked.gif
I chased around for some links,
for more info we may need a LEO to e-mail. ( Hi Dano
grin.gif
)

"... which makes/brands of rechargeable batteries for FM transceivers provide acceptable performance capabilities and service life."
"... New Technologies Batteries Guide"
http://www.nlectc.org/National/rechargebatteries.html

QUOTE -
"You step in the stream,
but the water has moved on.
This page is not here."

Laser Dissuader™ LD00001 $5,495.00

LazerShield™ LS00001 $995.00
"The Ultra-Bright Array of 600 LEDs dazzles and disorients with continuous or flashing red light equivalent to 36 60-watt bulbs."
http://store.yahoo.com/shop-seatech/products.html

lite-lover
smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
$5495 for a hi tech flashlight ???!!!

Wow !!! thats a lot of cash ! and I thought the most expensive portable flashlight was the maxabeam or plasmabeam.

Hey for that kind of money, an option would be to tell the suspect you´ll give him a couple of $100 to don´t move or aim at you, it´s cheaper
smile.gif

AlexGT

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexGT:
$5495 for a hi tech flashlight ???!!!

Wow !!! thats a lot of cash ! and I thought the most expensive portable flashlight was the maxabeam or plasmabeam.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's outta this world!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

The laser ID label for it says it outputs less than 1/1000 of a watt, making my puny little green laser pointer 5 times as powerful and many more times brighter!

For almost $5.5K, there MUST be something else inside that flashlight case besides a puny 1mW deep red laser module.
confused.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
shop-seatech_1631_246190

Anyway of modifying a laser pointer (removing the collimated lens thing)
and using a flashlight reflector to focus a larger beam?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
[QBAnyway of modifying a laser pointer (removing the collimated lens thing)
and using a flashlight reflector to focus a larger beam?[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To put it simply, nope.
If you removed the lens from a diode laser, you would have an elliptical beam of approximately 8° by 27°. Too narrow for any substantial amount of the beam to be captured & redirected by the flashlight reflector.

roith12.jpg

Visible red laser diode, no lens, about 2 feet from the target.

The only feasable way to get a larger diameter beam out of a laser is to use a collimator, which is essentially a telescope used backwards. The beam enters the small lens (analogous to the "eyepiece") and exits the other end.

At this point, the beam is a larger diameter and has a lower angular divergence, so it is capable of being projected farther before it starts to degrade. A mathematical formula is used to determine how much improvement has been made, but I do not have it handy at the moment.
frown.gif

For lack of a ready-made collimator, the same effect can be achieved by firing your laser through the *** end of a pair of binoculars. For a gas laser like a helium neon type that has a true Gaussian energy distribution curve, angular divergence should be approximately 7X less than it was before, assuming a typical good quality binocular was used.

Things start to get a bit tricky here, so here is where I'll leave it.
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well left Sir.

What about using some kinda small mirror to spread the beam out and reflect it back onto the Reflector (which would produce a beam with a hole) The mirror woud be round - the same size as the Laser beam and shaped like a cone pointing back to thge laser source.

Nah! Too much like hard work!

Thanks!

Al
grin.gif