Klarus XT10

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone got a Klarus XT10? I was looking at their site having seen the thread about the AAAA Mix5 (I want one!) and noticed the XT10. It seems to put out an amazing amount of light (reported ANSI 470lm) from a 2 CR123 body (I presume running off something different though - 18650?)
I'm new to the whole flashlight game (waiting on my first 2, a Malkoff dropin and an IFE2) but it seemed to me that this light was putting out way more light than others with comparable batteries etc.
Can someone enlighten me (ba-doom-tssss!) on how or if this is the case, and what this light is like overall? I have seearched, nothing on the XT10 came up.

Thanks

Driver609

TonyTac

Newly Enlightened
Not yet. I think Klarus is shipping the XT10 to retailers this week. If the Klarus NT and ST series lights are anything to go by, the XT10 should be a high quality light with a smooth, clean beam.

The 470 ANSI lumen output was achieved using a Sanyo 18650 (2600 mAh).

TonyTac

Newly Enlightened
Received the Klarus XT10 today and am very impressed with it. It's same the length as an Olight M20S Warrior and feels comfortable to hold. The dual-switch tail cap is very easy to use - giving my thumb full control over the light.

I haven't been out to test it yet, but can say that I am impressed with the UI, styling, threads (nicely lubed) and the military/ metallic grey finish.

Looking forward to nightfall...

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony, there's one thing that is not clear in the specs: does this light have a memory for the last level used like NT10?

In other words, every time you switch on an XT10 you get the max level or the level you used the previous time?

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
Goinggearvis getting their shipment next week. Can't wait to buy one. 300 mins at 10 lumens is outstanding if true. Hope that selfbuilt will review.

Driver609

Newly Enlightened
So, any reviews yet? How are you liking this little beastie Tonytac? I'm dying to know what it's like in real life, I like the looks of it a lot!

TonyTac

Newly Enlightened
I'm liking the XT10, Driver609 :) I had it out for a brief moment this evening with the Olight M20S and can tell you that the XT10 feels like a better quality light. The shape/ design makes for a comfortable grip and the wall of the XT10 tube is thicker than that of the M20S, so an 18650 cell sits nice and snug inside. I would have preferred a metal combat ring but the plastic one that comes with the XT10 does the same job in use.

I find the dual-switch tail cap works very well and it has liberated my thumb! Finding the mode selector switch on the M20S can be cumbersome in the dark, whereas with the XT10 you feel with your thumb and know exactly where the mode switch is located (below the on/off activation switch). I know Olight has redesigned the mode switch for the (prototype) XM-L generation M20S by making it more protrusive, but I still do not think it would be easier to access in the dark.

In terms of output, I haven't been able to test at a decent distance, but can tell you that the XT10 provides a bigger, brighter hotspot, more flood and a smooth beam pattern. I need to spend more time with it, but at the moment I like it a lot.
grinser2.gif

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I'll get a video up soon and one in the hands of selfbuilt, if he has the time to review. My first impressions are that the light is awesome. I am really excited about this one.

sirimaxi

Newly Enlightened
I will be waiting for your video and Selfbuilt review to pull the trigger. Thanks!

bonitomio

Newly Enlightened
Really looking forward to a review of this light. Found it while doing research before my next investment. I didn´t think there was any competition to the Olight m20s....until now :eek:

Pitty it doesn´t have memory for last setting :(

Does anyone have other recommendations for a compact 18650 body with similar specs?

@ Tonytac - thanks for your feedback.Very little out there on the web to go on.
@selfbuilt - your reviews rock!!

:D

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised Marshall didn't mention he posted his video on his Youtube channel last night on the Klarus XT-10. Looks like a great light.

pageyjim

Enlightened
I haven't seen any other reviews on it but I have it and am very happy with it. The only small complaint that I have is that it doesn't fit well in the holster with the cigar holder installed. I bought an Olight M21 holster for it for $7.00 incl. shipping.

wfturnerm4

Newly Enlightened
I'll get a video up soon and one in the hands of selfbuilt, if he has the time to review. My first impressions are that the light is awesome. I am really excited about this one.

Did the version of the XT10 you tested show a obvious dark spot in the center of the beam from just over five feet and out.
Mine shows this dark spot, not too happy
Thanks