Looking for SS P60 host (18650 and 2 CR123) or plastic? Needs to be reliable but!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Hello, Everyone.
I'm just starting enjoy SF L2 series. But my work requires that any instruments be Stainless steel or plastic!! Due to the work area needs to be Aluminium free.
So I would like a host that is reasonable in price and be made out of other materials.

Requirements are that they can be fitted with 1 18650 or 2 cr123's.
Can be ordered with or without the pill.
And relatively reliable(less expensive and have good reputation around here on the forum).
It is exciting times where you can obtain different kinds of led's and/or circuits easily.
Type of clicky nor bezel does not matter only material does.

Oh! and please don't just spit a name out and assume that I will know what it is and where to look for since I'm a noob and half blind!! :confused:

Thank you in advance.
newuser:thumbsup:

Last edited:

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this will be of any use to you but there is the Fireworm F1 which is a Titanium P60 host; this is the only thing I can think of apart from custom made bodies or a Surefire G2/G3.

brandocommando

Enlightened
Solarforce L2M special edition, all stainless steel construction. They are hard to find but I just found one on CPFMP and, I actually have on on the way.:devil:
Thanks CHEF4850!!!

Newuser01

Enlightened
Thanks for the input so-far. So FAR!!
Anyone makes something like G2 but will accept 18650?
SF L2M SE sounds good but they are no-where to be found. And its a bit expensive even when it is avail! Any source?
How about Titanium bodies?

Preon 2 titanium is there but too little output and run-time. Remember the usage is inspection in a clean environment. So looking for 200 LM and above, and Aluminium free. I think that some of the parts inside of the light can be Aluminium but it can not be on the body, tail,bezel and threads. Interior parts of the switch, reflector and parts of the pill should be safe if they are made from Aluminium.

Any more out there?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
About 6 weeks ago I recall reading about someone here who found a G2 lookalike but was sized for 18650's. It wasn't one of those el-cheapo SureFire G2 clones we've seen either, apparently it was reasonable quality. It didn't garner much interest here at the time.

I can't recall the manufacturer at all unfortunately.

BTW unless you're running one of those super-output dropins, a 17670 (rather than the 18650 you're looking for) is just dandy in a SureFire G2. Runtime should be more than adequate, and less cell rattle if/when you run CR123's.

Last edited:

maniacyak

Newly Enlightened
About 6 weeks ago I recall reading about someone here who found a G2 lookalike but was sized for 18650's. It wasn't one of those el-cheapo SureFire G2 clones we've seen either, apparently it was reasonable quality. It didn't garner much interest here at the time.

I think it was the Nextorch GT6A-S. There was some discussion about Nextorch P60 compatibility in the P60 hosts thread which got lost, and I remember linking to these impressions of three Nextorch models I found on another forum.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was the Nextorch GT6A-S. There was some discussion about Nextorch P60 compatibility in the P60 hosts thread which got lost, and I remember linking to these impressions of three Nextorch models I found on another forum.

+

Yes, the Nextorch GT6A-S is a true Nylon 18650 host confirmed by CPF member Phaserburn.

Somewhat hard to find...http://www.blasterstool.com/nextorchgt6a-s.aspx

nextorchGT6A-S.jpg

Last edited:

Light Brite

Newly Enlightened
I have a SF L2M SE host but dont like the 2 pc. construction and it is quite heavy plus I was looking for something with less leak points for use on my boat. I just ordered from Everbuying.com what is stated to be a L2 Stainless Steel host. I am hoping that's what it is (Stainless) and not some type of chrome finish, I'll let ya know, but for $12.22 I figure I can't go wrong either way.

Light Brite

Newly Enlightened
After now seeing the shipping weight I am fairly certain this will not be stainless steel....another Flashlight give away for a friend I guess.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Yes, the Nextorch GT6A-S is a true Nylon 18650 host confirmed by CPF member Phaserburn.
I will keep this info. It seem like what I can use. Thank you.
Now I will go and see if I can find the info using Phaserburn as a search Term!!

I have a SF L2M SE host but dont like the 2 pc. construction and it is quite heavy plus I was looking for something with less leak points for use on my boat. I just ordered from Everbuying.com what is stated to be a L2 Stainless Steel host. I am hoping that's what it is (Stainless) and not some type of chrome finish, I'll let ya know, but for $12.22 I figure I can't go wrong either way.
Same here. Thank you. If you should receive it and find that it is in fact made with stainless, please let me know?
I do appreciate all the members with good knowledge.

Please post if you remember or know of other options.

Regards.
newuser

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titanium Fireworm I beleave it's called an F1 would work good, I've only seen them on eBay. They look sharp, I don't own one to vouch for them. Titanium and stainless aren't great gor heat management.
Could check with OverReady.com and see I they have a nitrolon G2 or Z2 bored out

Newuser01

Enlightened
This thing maybe?
Not sure if this will be of any use to you but there is the Fireworm F1 which is a Titanium P60 host; this is the only thing I can think of apart from custom made bodies or a Surefire G2/G3.
These two items looks very very promising. I will forward this to my boss and see if he would like a go on testing on the floor. And than it will be all gravy.
Sorry, modding the plastic is easy enough, but we're not equipped to make a new metal insert.
Understood. If I choose this route, I will have to stick to off the shelve batteries, 2 RCR's may be too much in the work enviroment.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I would like nothing more than turn key options but if they don't work out I may have to look much much harder. As of now there are 2 viable options but one is much more expensive.
FYI : Heat/battery issue WILL be discussed in detail with all users.

Regards.
NEWUSER

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Somewhat hard to find...http://www.blasterstool.com/nextorchgt6a-s.aspx

nextorchGT6A-S.jpg

Howdy. What would you like to know about the Nextorch? I am currently using mine with an incan lamp, but it is a straight P60 host and can accept led drop ins.

In addition to this light, how about considering the Streamlight Polytac or Bayco Tac-200? They might fit the bill as well, and are 2x123 setup. I have the SL, and it can use R123s (I have noticed no adverse effects, and the current drop due to higher voltage confirms the regulation is maintained). Plus, they are available in yellow, which I like.

Last edited: