Lights made out of alternative metals

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I thought it would be interesting to see if we can make a list of lights that are made out of alternative metals. I would like to ask that you do not list lights that are mostly composed out of aluminum, stainless steel, or titanium (although a light may have a small portion made from these metals).

I currently own a Copper Maratac AAA

:popcorn:

alfa

Newly Enlightened
Carbon fibers are not metal, but are they anyway ok for this list? If so, the Inforce Color is made with this uncommon material!

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
My Peak McKinley Ultra Snow in brass is a fantastic little performer: I don't throw CR123s away anymore, just feed them to the McKinley which is a real Vampire and just 'keeps on keeping on', right down to moonlight. Amazing!

jugg2

Enlightened
Doesn't Lummi make some out of NS or Damascus from time to time? Thats definitely alternative in my book... Dama would be kinda cool looking but I think I would rather have copper for heat transfer.

Caleb Wilson

Norm

Retired Administrator
Doesn't Lummi make some out of NS or Damascus from time to time? Thats definitely alternative in my book... Dama would be kinda cool looking but I think I would rather have copper for heat transfer.

Caleb Wilson
And sterling silver.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Peak light made of brass with a single 5mm red LED. I rarely use it, but it is a solidly built little light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Any other lights out there? :candle:

Do you want to include exotic coatings? Cerakote (such as HDS/Ra) or DLC diamond-like carbon (like PhotonFanatic), maybe others.

Lots of members have lights (custom) plated in various metals. Yes, Peak also had gold-plated brass models.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I have a light made from Mokume Gane - the closest description I can give is that it looks like woodgrain but it is metal (similar to damascus steel but it is made from layers of copper and nickel silver). Here is a Work-In-Progress thread about some MG lights (mine is the red and silver one, and while it is a gorgeous piece of male jewelry I have to admit it is really more of a "safe queen" ):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...IP-Couple-of-Flame-Colored-Mokume-Gane-Lights

Fred (Photonfanatic) is also considering making a very small run of sterling silver lights.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?276317-Sign-Up-Thread-for-the-Silver-Killer

Acid87

Enlightened
I have the Maratac copper AAA and it's beautiful!

I also own a Fanta orange HDS light and a Surefire g2 cerakoted.
Not seen too many exotic metals apart from coatings or customs.
Seen a few using Titanium though.