• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Fivemega 3x18650 Megalennium or similar (Surefire M6?)

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 3x18650 body to run a big Lumens Factory M head, I think the fivemega 3x18650 is the one? I'm on my county's search & rescue team and am wanting a really nice "big light" for search missions... I would just go with a Surefire M6 but it seems those only run CR123's, and my other search & rescue field lights run 18650s so I need to keep them there... Anybody PLEASE part with one of these for a good cause? And not to be picky at this point but the grey/natural finish would match the head just right :)

THANK YOU!!

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
If you can't find one you really should check put the Fenix 35. uses either cr123s or 2 18650s. 4 levels and strobe and the output is 800lumens at the emmiter. This thing is incredible and its only about 90.00 from light junction.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I do wish that FM would bring back the series connected 3x18650 Megalenniums - I'd certainly be up for one. Funnily enough, I'd want it for the same use as well - Lumens Factory SST90 Turbohead.

There is another option, sticking with Fivemega, which is the 3x17670 battery holder for the Surefire M6. I don't believe that it would allow you to use your pre-existing 18650 batteries (OK, with an M6, battery holder, and new batteries, this is an expensive option); I believe that with 18650s, the unit then becomes to wide to fit. You could however use the 17670s in your other lights that you are currently using 18650s in.

The S3 Megalennium would be great though if you can get one. :thumbsup:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks Bullet, that's a good suggestion, but frankly I find that light very boring looking, I like the more exotic gear. But more importantly I already have a Jetbeam M1Xm that at least equals that Fenix in performance. This next light I am going to build will surpass those in both output & capacity.

If you can't find one you really should check put the Fenix 35. uses either cr123s or 2 18650s. 4 levels and strobe and the output is 800lumens at the emmiter. This thing is incredible and its only about 90.00 from light junction.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks Steven... Unforfunately even though I've found a lot of people longing for another run of these fivemega bodies, I contacted fivemega and he didn't seem interested/willing to produce anymore anytime soon. Maybe we can rally him in this thread :)

I do wish that FM would bring back the series connected 3x18650 Megalenniums - I'd certainly be up for one. Funnily enough, I'd want it for the same use as well - Lumens Factory SST90 Turbohead.

There is another option, sticking with Fivemega, which is the 3x17670 battery holder for the Surefire M6. I don't believe that it would allow you to use your pre-existing 18650 batteries (OK, with an M6, battery holder, and new batteries, this is an expensive option); I believe that with 18650s, the unit then becomes to wide to fit. You could however use the 17670s in your other lights that you are currently using 18650s in.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Does nobody make a 3x18650 tube like the M6? I couldn't imagine this doesn't exist anywhere... I know Jetbeam's RRT3 has it, but with the SST-50... I'm sure they are going to update that model before too long (every RRT light was updated except for this one) and when they do this discussion will be moo, as Joey says.

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
:nana:
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 3x18650 body to run a big Lumens Factory M head, I think the fivemega 3x18650 is the one? I'm on my county's search & rescue team and am wanting a really nice "big light" for search missions... I would just go with a Surefire M6 but it seems those only run CR123's, and my other search & rescue field lights run 18650s so I need to keep them there... Anybody PLEASE part with one of these for a good cause? And not to be picky at this point but the grey/natural finish would match the head just right :)

THANK YOU!!

One suggestion is to pick up a Surefire M6, sell off the stock battery holder and the KT4 head/bezel and then use one of Odd Mods 2x18650 holders with your LF head.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?267085-Odd-Mods-Battery-Adapters-Complete-Listing-New-designs-and-Clearance-Sales!&p=3326024#post3326024

That is how I power one of my two M6s and I believe it will get you the most energy for your needs (assuming you use a top shelf li-ion). Sorry, neither one of my M6s or Megalennium is for sale.

(edit: oops, just saw that the new sst-90 LF head has a min voltage requirement 9 volts. oh well, my suggestion would work well with the prior generation)..

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Thanks Bullet, that's a good suggestion, but frankly I find that light very boring looking, I like the more exotic gear. But more importantly I already have a Jetbeam M1Xm that at least equals that Fenix in performance. This next light I am going to build will surpass those in both output & capacity.
IT MAY LOOK BORING BUT THE PERFORMANCE IS SUPERB. The reflector and size easily will outperform the Lumens factory head. I have yet to see anything in its size range that will beat it.
the ablity to use either battery set up is a big plus. I have two of the FM megalanium bodies; but right now they are set up with Incan setups.
I have been waiting for a good head with an led setup but haven't found one yet.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
IT MAY LOOK BORING BUT THE PERFORMANCE IS SUPERB. The reflector and size easily will outperform the Lumens factory head. I have yet to see anything in its size range that will beat it.
the ablity to use either battery set up is a big plus. I have two of the FM megalanium bodies; but right now they are set up with Incan setups.
I have been waiting for a good head with an led setup but haven't found one yet.

I realize that max output in lumens isn't EVERYTHING, but that SST-90 head has twice the output of the TK35.. Perhaps you'd like to sell me one of your Megalennium bodies so I can be proved wrong? :)

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those Lumen Factory SST-90 heads and use it an a 3x18650 Megalennium body. Great combo!! The Moddoo/TorchLab triple XP-G R5 L1c dropin is rated at 1100 LED Lumens and tested at about 900 OTF lumens. The SST-90 head is definitly brighter. I´d guess about 1100-1200 OTF lumens. I doubt the Fenix TK35 will outperform that.

But: Chrisdm, be aware you can´t use the SST-90 head for longer than 15 minutes on high at a time or you´ll fry the emitter since it gets really hot! So maybe it´s not the best solution for your application on search missions were I assume you´ll have to use it for more than 15 minutes (of course you still can use it on medium).

Eric

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I have one of those Lumen Factory SST-90 heads and use it an a 3x18650 Megalennium body. Great combo!! The Moddoo/TorchLab triple XP-G R5 L1c dropin is rated at 1100 LED Lumens and tested at about 900 OTF lumens. The SST-90 head is definitly brighter. I´d guess about 1100-1200 OTF lumens. I doubt the Fenix TK35 will outperform that.

But: Chrisdm, be aware you can´t use the SST-90 head for longer than 15 minutes on high at a time or you´ll fry the emitter since it gets really hot! So maybe it´s not the best solution for your application on search missions were I assume you´ll have to use it for more than 15 minutes (of course you still can use it on medium).

Eric

This is excellent info, thank you Eric. Jealous of your MegaLumensSST90 monster, exactly what I want! Let me know if you could ever part with it.... In fact Tom from Torchlab is building me a triple XPG Moddoo at the moment, which will also get tested for search & rescue work. I should probably just get one of the Olight SR90/SR91, but they just don't have that custom/cool factor as these lego monsters.. :)

Thanks again for your help Eric, I appreciate it.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Before I managed to snag my Megalennium I was planning to get one of the Megalennium
parallel bodies and mod thebattery contact plate so that the batteries would be in series.
Just an idea I had :)

They are still available .....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?269751-Parallel-3x18650-Megalennium

Wow, I hadn't seen those. And in fact I didn't know shingle about series/parallel until I read your post and did some google research.. Thanks for that, I am new to this and learning. So obviously rewiring it would be out of the question for me!