Good throwers for about $80?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many many choices. What battery type are you looking for? Here are a few suggestions below:

Quark Turbo AA2
Quark Turbo 123x2
Dereelight Javelin
Fenix TK15
Fenix LD40

singularity35

Newly Enlightened
I have a Tk15 but I'm looking for something with a bit more throw if that's at all possible at that price point. The Solarforce XM-L M8 looks like a likely candidate. Can the solarforce be at all considered carryable in say, a belt sheath similar to the tk15?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just throw: Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1. Throw+lots of light: Solarforce M8.

srfreddy

Enlightened
what phantom23 said: the M8 throws further than the TK35, the MPP1 is just a pencil beam forever almost.

seven11

Newly Enlightened
A company called Brinyte is a China-based company that sells Ultrafire lights. They are a cheaper light, but I have two of them and they are awesome little throwers and were right around $40 with shipping. They have two models that I like for their throwing capability, the BR800 and UF900. These are some good options and will throw light out to about 150-200 yards on a clear night. You can also get them with a green, red, or blue LED instead of white. You can see a video of the exact same light at this companies website http://www.sniperhawglights.com/destroyervideo.htm. But you can get the lights way cheaper by going to the manufacturers website and contacting them for a sample order http://www.brinyte.com/?l=en_US.

kavvika

Enlightened
What about the RQ from KD? Sure it's a clone, but it's based on one of the best throwing lights from only a few years ago. The emitter it comes with is either a Q5 or R2; swap it out for an XM-L and you'll be set. At only $25, you could buy three lights and still come in under budget!

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just throw: Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1. Throw+lots of light: Solarforce M8.

This. I have the Masterpiece Pro 1 and it throws crazy far. As far as whether you want to carry it in a holster, that's kind of up to your preference. The head diameter is almost exactly that of a Mag Light. Regarding length, you can actually run it on 2 x CR123 in a regular length L2 body for full brightness. If you want to run 2 x 18650, you'll need to get the extender and it gets quite a bit longer.

Latest posts