Streamlight Survivor 4 AA did not survive 3m drop onto carpet

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning I was using mt SL 4 AA Survivor to look though a closet. It's power and throw brought enough light into the area to see everything. YEA!

Then much to my dismay I dropped the SL Survivor 2.5 meters onto carpet and it has not worked since :(

Fortunately the folks at SL were available by phone and will gladly repair my light!

Yes I am out the postage to return it yet I am pleased they are honoring their warranty.

I must admit I was suprised that a light designed for first responders could not survive a "minor" kenetic energy trauma.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm.....that's really strange. I've used those a lot at work and never had any issues with them. They've been rugged.

Maybe you just got one made on Monday Morning or Friday Afternoon!

afdk

Newly Enlightened
There is not one light out there that is 100%. At least you know, they will honor their guarantee!

TechNickAll

Newly Enlightened
I use mine for firefighting and rescue operations. I have abused my survivors (all of them) and haven't ever broken one. Im surprised it broke especially on carpet because mine has met pavement and concrete many many times. You said you dropped it in your closet 2.5 meters? How friggin tall are you?

Knuckles

Newly Enlightened
I've used Streamlight's warranty but I have to say SureFire's is better. I hated having to pay out of pocket to ship it but at least they covered the repairs. Pelican has been ignoring my multiple requests to repair a Class 1/2 light I need for work so they are the worst company because of that and the Streamlight Survivor LED has been the best light so far. Mine has survived being thrown across the flightline at work. I still prefer SureFire for all other usage though SureFire doesn't meet OSHA ratings for hazardous environments nor do they make this type of light, which I have come to accept because they cater to a different market and Streamlight caters better to emergency services personnel and I find their Survivor LED to be an excellent light, nearly indestructible. The only problem we've had is the clips breaking.

Now if they made an XM-L Survivor....

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
So you are saying the Streamlight Survivor is not much of a survivor bwuahahaha