LED driver with the size of the Fenix LD01 driver (1*AAA)

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
Hi there :wave:

My last mod went really well so I wanna do another mod...

First I used a LED Lenser P3 for work. Then I saw the Fenix LD01 and it became immediately my favorite light. :kiss: I mean what do you want more? 80 lumens from 1*AAA is awesome! But what really getting on my nerves is that I have to turn it 3 times every time I wanna use it. For some stupid reason Fenix made high mode 3. place. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead Nobody buys a bright flashlight to use it in low or med... :shakehead

Now back to the question. Is there any driver small enouth to fit in a LED Lenser P3 and capable to get enough amps out of 1*AAA? I didn't found any...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now back to the question. Is there any driver small enouth to fit in a LED Lenser P3 and capable to get enough amps out of 1*AAA? I didn't found any...
If you can supply me with a few Linear Technology LTC3490 IC's (SO8 package), I will build you a 10mm LED driver board that will fit into your light. It outputs 350mA from an AAA, and will step down to 70mA on low battery detect (about 0.85V).

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
The problem with that is that I life in Germany. Shipping to the US is... ...expensive. :naughty: But thanks for your offer I maybe come back to it if I don't see any other way. :goodjob:

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
Today I found a driver that would fit inside. (the flashlight has a bit over 12mm inside diameter)

The problem is that I don't see any technical data... :confused: Did someone of you maybe used this driver?

Also they say worldwide free shipping...:D:D:D I pay them 2,22€ for the driver and they must send it to me with some 15€ shipping cost or something like that. I think not so many germans should order single drivers there - it's bad for their profit. :D

iwap

Newly Enlightened
Hello Bad Frag. Do you have more info about this driver ? a link with details maybe ? I´m also interested .. Thanks.

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
I just ordered 1 of them and some other parts... I will do some measurements on my own. At the moment I only have a multimeter at home but when I have some free time at work I will connect it to the scope. Parts should arrive in 1-2 weeks or maybe more. Never ordered any stuff in the US... :D

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
Do you have that driver?

My driver is not arrived yet... Can you post some information about it like LED current and battery current?