Buyers Beware Surefire SC3 Spares carrier Copy sold at ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figured i should post this.

Got my Surefire SC3 Spares carriers the other day, which i ordered at ebay.
The looked genuine in the auction and had a picture of the real thing + the auction stated Surefire SC3 Spares carrier.

Highlights of this great Spares carrier which i do not recomment to anyone, it`s totally useless.

• Flimsy plastic.
  • O-Ring torn and does not provide a seal at all.
  • Loose fit with poor threads.
  • Batteries does not fit at all.
  • IF you use force and knock the batteries in there you will not be able to screw the cap on.

• Bulb fits in the hole but loose and again the cap wont screw on.

CIMG0038.jpg

CIMG0039.jpg

CIMG0040.jpg

CIMG0041.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

CIMG0043.jpg

I have contacted the seller and he has now altered the sales thread, but it still says Surefire SC3 Spares Carrier in the heading.
Pictures are altered and now shows the copy and its true name in the describtion.
SUNN BRAND REPLACMENT CARRIER FOR THE SUREFIRE SC3

Im not sure what to do with this, but i am tempted to contact both Surefire and ebay.

I have requested a refund, but the seller wants me to ship the carriers back.
Which is out of the question since shipping alone will cost me more than i payed.

All in all lesson learned.

For the Record i payed $10 for each carrier i bought.
Sure it is cheaper than the retail but no warning signs went off since good deals do pop up and the pictures and describtion lead me to believe it was the real deal.

:sick2:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reported,

Allthough he has changed the auction a bit. I just hope ebay and Paypal sees the problem.

Best case scenario:
I hope to get a refund and that Crappy product/ seller removed.

macnoodle

Newly Enlightened
If you paid with Paypal, you should be able to get a refund. Whether that means that the seller can ask to have it returned (at your cost) I'm not sure, but I don't think so - he sent you something else (than what you paid for).

That said, I have learned to be disappointed (and downright disgusted) with Paypal over time, so don't hold your breath. :)

Good luck!

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only purchase from eBay with a credit card because you have the option for a chargeback. If you did, this could be a last resort, and credit card companies almost always protect the customer.

If the seller don't respond to a refund request within 48 hours, I will file a chargeback, open a case, or whatever else it takes to get a refund. The number of opened buyer protection cases affects seller standings more than negative feedback, so this usually works to quickly get me a refund. I usually say that if they want the item back, send me a label and I will gladly ship it back, and more often than not, I get a label emailed to me.

I make a point of not paying out of my pocket to send a counterfeit item back, as it definately not my responsibility. Sadly, I've received so many fake or not as described items from eBay, it really doesn't surprise me anymore. I try to buy more from Amazon now (direct, not Amazon sellers, although their sellers tend to be better than eBay sellers).

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a Refund yesterday from the seller,
But the auction and seller is still at ebay.
I have reported him both to ebay and Paypal.

Its a shame no action has been done, but nothing more i can do now i guess.

Benny

erehwyrevekool

Enlightened
Thanks for posting this bad deal, happy you got a refound, much less for the seller who is still working on eBay. :thumbsdow

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I've been seeing these, or carriers like them, for about a year. It is obvious to CPF members that they are not Surefire, but others may not know. If the bulb/batteries don't fit then they have no value. Send them back.

Chicago X

Enlightened
I reported this seller twice to Ebay over the last year. It's a shame he's still selling this garbage.

I feel for the non-flashaholics who don't have access to the fine sellers on the Marketplace.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
with rapid prototyping machinery and CAD injection molding this is going to be more and more of a problem. the bright side is that if the machinery, design and materials are good enough we'll never know the difference.

T45

Enlightened
I find it odd that real Surefire Spares Carriers are almost never on sale. They are almost always $20. I have seen the occasionally dollar off here and there, but $20 is about market rate. A couple of days ago, www.brightguy.com did have them for $11.50 each. Just about when I had made up my mind to buy some, the sale was over.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly,
The MSRP is $20
Now its $9.25 on Fleabay and "brand new"
You can predict what you are going to receive...

Status
Not open for further replies.