Upgrade your older LED light!

bansuri

Enlightened
Just a little note and link for those that haven't gone rooting around the forums:
If you love the size, appearance, UI, or other features of your light but are dissatisfied with the tint or output there are plenty of folks here who can upgrade your emitter to the latest and greatest LED.
In most cases it's not the electronics that are holding back your light, it's the emitter.
Or if you're the DIY type, dig around here and do it yourself!

Example: the only thing keeping your old HDS Ultimate 60 a 60 lumen light is the emitter. You can get it modded to easily output 120+ with your choice of tint!

Had to share, CPF is back up and neutral XM-L's will be out soon.
Life is good.

diebythebow

Newly Enlightened
I've been wondering this very thing, Maybe some of the modders can post who they are and then we would know who to send our lights to.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Anyone know of a drop in module or heatsink/driver that will work in Streamlight's C4 Scorpion? Have been looking for a while and I'm at a loss. Not quite ready to put 'er down yet !

bansuri

Enlightened
I've been wondering this very thing, Maybe some of the modders can post who they are and then we would know who to send our lights to.
If you dig around in that forum you'll see a few names that pop up regularly. There are different levels of mods, but if you just need an emitter swap you could probably just post a request and see who bites.

If I were to upgrade my HDS 120, would the lowest level increase also, or would it stay the same?
Mine have increased slightly. The good news is that you get more light for your money battery-wise.

fl0t

Enlightened
I got a Novatac 120P modded with a K2 TVOD emitter and it sure is brighter, almost as bright as my HDS 170T if not the same.

bansuri, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction: I have a Novatac 120T that I would like to swap the emitter to a XPG R5 or a XM-L maybe... Im new into modding. Is this too difficult or impossible? Who could be willing to do the swap?