JetBEAM RRT-0: R5 vs R2 question

archimedes

Flashaholic
I was wondering if anyone who has (or had) experience with both versions of the RRT-0 could comment about the tailswitch on these lights. I have the R5 (infinite variable output), and find the switch feels a bit soft with a fairly long press needed before it activates.

I might consider getting the R2 version if it had more responsive switch. The R2 also has no strobe mode, I believe, which I would also prefer. Five output modes are plenty for me, and I don't have much use for super-low lows.

Thanks for your thoughts.

lpd226

Newly Enlightened
I have the r5 version also and mine is the same. Does yours ever have a delay in activation after being clicked on? I find that mine will from time to time and a few times has failed to come on at all until i turned it off then back on again.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Mine doesn't seem to have much of a delay, although I have seen others mention this.

I have never had intermittant failure to activate, either. Might want to check (& clean) the contacts, though....

Viper715

Enlightened
My neutral RRT-0 has a minor delay in activating but has a stiff switch with very positive click. This light isn't great if you need signaling because of the delay I've found that it doesn't bother me that much.

Best Regard,
Eric

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I have an RRT-0 with an R5 and the infinite variable brightness feature. I haven't tried to remove the rubber boot to see, but mine feels like the boot just extends substantially beyond the switch so my finger contacts the boot and presses it in a noticeable distance before I feel contact with the switch which then has to be pushed in further to activate the switch.