P60 head and tailcap choices?

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me guys I've still not put together my own light yet. I have been scoping out Nailbender's P60 drop-ins and I think I settled on the one I like, but I have no host for it yet. I'm trying to avoid the common and cheap solarforce route, and I've considered getting a derelight CL1H v4 host if it's better in any way. I like the FiveMega bodies but they are a good bit pricier and I don't really know anything about the different head or tailcap options.

Are the head and tailcaps interchangeable as well on P60's? What are the relative differences other than build quality when it comes to heads? Also does the head have much of an impact on the beam, or is that all up to the reflector? For a tailcap it's all about the switch isn't it? If I ordered a FM body, how much would I have to spend on a head/tailcap to have a complete light? I have read the thread enough to see you can order a complete host, but I'm just not entirely sure what I'd be getting. I'd like to know if there is a cheaper option, and a better performance option.

I've read the P60 host thread and checked out all the links, but very few caught my eye. If anyone knows of a small P60 host that utilizes 1 or 2 CR123/RCR123's along the lines of the quark mini 123, I'd love to know what it is. I like a simple straight host design. The FM 3P body is the closest I've seen.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: