Anyone have the Deree DBS XM-L?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I've heard it exists but haven't heard from any owners... it sounded like a nice, LARGE size pocket rocket...

I'm really curious as to what the lumens are in the lower modes...

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
I put a Nailbender xml dropin in my DBS and that beam is really nice. I have the smooth reflector installed. Puts out a lot of light. I don't know about the dereelight pill, but I think it should be similar to mines because my dropin is a 3 mode driven at 2.5 amps also. I would say the throw is almost as good as my Jetbeam m2s, and out throws my tiablo a9. I would guess around 650 lumens with over 20 k lux. I never carry the m2s because I can't fit it in my pocket. I love the size, output, and throw of the DBS with a xml.

vincent3664

Newly Enlightened
I just upgraded an existing DBS V3 3sd XP-G R5 with the new XML-T6. The XML pill needs the reflector for the SST-50. The hole in the XP-G reflector is too small to accommodate the larger led of the XML/SST-50. You must upgrade both the reflector and pill. I don't think Dereelight makes a complete drop-in for this.

Pros: Amazing beam that far out floods and nearly out throws my Solarforce MPP-1 head with 2 18650's. It truly is the best of both worlds and one of my favorite torches. Albeit a little large for EDC.
Cons: Limited battery choices. Not supposed to run it on 2 primary CR123's (danger of fire or explosion) or 2 RCR123's (will reduce their service life significantly). It is recommended to use three primary CR123's or two 18500's with optional extender or two 18650's with the other optional extender. Easier to carry with the 123 extender though. I think I have this right but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
The captapult is very long compared to the dbs. I think it should be closer to the G5 maelstrom in size.

ranmcc

Newly Enlightened
I just upgraded my V3 to the new XM-L. Screwed right in. No problems. Works like a charm. Much brighter than the V3. Lights up the whole front yard and beyond. Just what I was looking for in a spill light. I use the extention with two 18650's. I live in the south and sometimes have to go out at night to feed dogs. I want to see exactly where I am putting my feet and beyond due to snakes in the summer. Heat doesn't seem to be a problem for the 15 minutes I have it on high although it does warm your hand somewhat, but not hot.