Army Tek Predator or Eagle Tac t20c2 mkII xm-l

yamaha

Newly Enlightened
I think I have narrowed my search to one of these lights.
Opinions?

nightcacher

Newly Enlightened
Not sure on Eagle tac but the predator is a sweet thrower. Mine has a very smooth beam with a cool tint. The options for programming are many and may take a few try's before one can successively do it, but it's not that much of a chore.
I have it set up for 5 modes on tightened, from 7 to 500 lms and the strobe and ultra low .1 firefly setting on loosened. The strobe is adjustable from 1 to 49 MHz.
I like mine and waiting for a XM-L model with more flood and NW

Last edited:

yamaha

Newly Enlightened
Sure would be nice to have both lights in the backyard at night for about a minute. Then the decision would be much easier.
My current edc light is a Eagle Tac p20c2mkII. This is more of a floody light and Im kinda wanting something different. Im leaning toward the Predator because from what I read its a better thrower than the t20c2mkII.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T20C2 MKII and ArmyTek are not even in the same ball park. The T20C2 MKII is much more floody while the ArmyTek is more of a mini-thrower type of light. If you want something different than you P20C2 MKII the choice is easy.

MIKENC

Newly Enlightened
The throw of the Eagletac depends on the module. With the xre it is a very good thrower for it's size (about 16K lux). It is one of the best throwers available in this size.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Don't forget about the different upgrade modules available for the ET. You could end up with a nice variety for a lot less money! Good luck in your quest!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
T20C2 MkII is smaller, has a variety of drop-in modules that allow for a huge flexibility in terms of beam profiles and has a ton of accessories. Popular drop-in modules include XR-E for maximum throw, XM-L for maximum flood and XP-G for balance. Drop-in modules with colored emitters are also on sale. If colored modules aren't your thing, you can also swap out the front bezel with color filters. Diffuser filter allows it to light up a wide area very evenly. It's a hardy light that can serve a variety of purpose, andI love it.

Predator, on the other hand, is a bit bigger, owing to the much deeper reflector that allows it to have an immense throw. In fact, it's one of the two pocketable tactical lights that offer a massive throw with XP-G emitter. (The other is the TD-15, which is slightly smaller but throws just as much. Even Maelstrom G5 can't match these two.) Aside from huge throw, Predator's main advantage would be its customizable UI and the presence of moonlight mode, allowing for preservation of night-adapted vision.

asot

Newly Enlightened
An XM-L light will probably be better at these days
On the other hand, that ArmyTek sure looks tough - when it's XM-L version goes out, it will be a "killer"...!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Predator is a category of it's own with its UI. It throws as much as the TK40 and seems just about as bright. I love mine and I can't bring myself to tell anyone to buy anything other than a Predator, unless they already own one. It's a very solid and well-made light that I now bring on all my hikes, even if it's daytime.

Ymerej

Newly Enlightened
Predator for me as well...got it about a month ago and have been edc'ing it ever since. great customization flexibility imo :)

justlux

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Predator too and it's lovely. It's surprisingly good at close ranges. I really like the excellent regulation on high capacity 18650's :)

firelord777

Enlightened
just lux, just sent you a PM a few minutes ago LOL. So guys, please do tell more about the predator. Cataract, is it true that your Armytek nudges out the TK40 in throw? AND just as bright? If yes, wow. i mean WOW. But I have another light to consider: The new TK41. basically a TK40 with different UI and twice the beam distance. Please, if possible, go to the thread of the TK21, TK41 and TK70. Then opinion or shoot me a PM about your impressions/ recommendation of the lights. Thanks guys. :D