Elzetta Questions?

IMightBeWrong

Newly Enlightened
I'm not entirely clear on how the tailcaps and switches work on their lights. First off, do they click or are they tap on and off lights? Also, is there a single brightness only light that they make? JW, thanks guys :)

Coyote302

Newly Enlightened
My buddy has an Elzetta that I tried it for few minutes once. I believe the switch was a forward clicky with a muted/damped feel and sound. It was not like other loud clickies. From the website they offer "Rotary, Clicky, High/Low, or High/Strobe Tailcap(s)". I'm pretty sure only the High/Low switch (tailcap) provides anything other than a single brightness. I remember the Hi/Lo swith (and the entire light) felt very good and solid. I think the FAQs (link) cover things pretty well and the video there is straight forward. I did not notice any audible "click" on the video which matches my memory. Hope this helps.
-Rich

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened
Hello IMightBeWrong,

My first post to you...

Elzetta offers four types of tailcaps for their ZFL flashlights.

1) Rotary tailcap: this one functions the exact same way as a classic SureFire 6P twisty tailcap. You press the tailcap for momentary; for constant on you have to twist clockwise. This is a 1-level switch (HIGH only).

2) Clicky tailcap: this is a standard 'forward clicky' (click-on/click-off tailcap). Press halfway for momentary. Push more for constant on. This is also a 1-level switch (HIGH-only).

3) High/Low: the high/low switch is kind of a combination between the 'clicky tailcap' and the 'rotary'. When the tailcap is completely turned clockwise (so it can't turn any more) it is in the 'HIGH' position. Press half-way for momentary-high; press more until it clicks for constant-on-high. If you want 'LOW', you twist the tailcap slightly counterclockwise. On low it functions as on high: press half-way for momentary; press more until it clicks for constant-on.

4) High/Strobe: this tailcap works the exact same way as the High/Low, with this difference that the low function is replaced by a strobe.

You can find a good video on the Elzetta website, showing the difference between the High/Low and High/Strobe switch: Elzetta.com - Products & Faq - Elzetta ZFL-M60 - Elzetta High/Strobe Tailcap Demonstration. (Edit: I saw that Coyote302 already provided this link)

Regards,

Nachtwacht.

Last edited: