Is there something wrong with Jetbeam - I can't seem to find much reviews of the RRT1

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking around these forums in order to find out reviews of the RRT-1, but I can't seem to find much technical info on it, so far as beam distance and the like.

Is there something wrong with JetBeam CS, or quality control or something ? I've read about some issues with clickie switch minutes ago, but I haven't found many threads on this issue, so I'm trying to find out why JB isn't talked about very much around here, at least perpahs not as much as other manufacturers.

Thanks

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
There's not much to say about it really, it throws well for a little'n, has 4 modes and is front heavy, and is no good as a general work or walking light because the beam is to narrow.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I've actually just had a chance to repost my previous review of one. THIS THREAD gives my personal opinions about it. It went down during the crash.

I've just read your review.

Have you been a long time owner of JetBeam lights ? Just wondering whether there are potential electronics or other issues that I should know of, specific to this company, that could potentially give me pause ?

Do you feel, the newer (XP-G R5) RRT-1 has more usable spill as opposed to the former version ?

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned JETBeam for a while, but its been only a couple months since I owned smaller EDC or dutylight types. I haven't tried the older style of RRT-1, just the XP-G. I do know that it is still quite a thrower, but that LED format does at least give you some decently usable corona and spill. Still pretty tunnel vision though. For my EDC lights I really prefer something floody. It's a killer light overall though.

edit: I haven't seen any electronics issues with mine. Just a little quirky UI with the PA01. That's more a programming issue than electronics issue though.

Last edited:

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I have owned JETBeam for a while, but its been only a couple months since I owned smaller EDC or dutylight types. I haven't tried the older style of RRT-1, just the XP-G. I do know that it is still quite a thrower, but that LED format does at least give you some decently usable corona and spill. Still pretty tunnel vision though. For my EDC lights I really prefer something floody. It's a killer light overall though.

edit: I haven't seen any electronics issues with mine. Just a little quirky UI with the PA01. That's more a programming issue than electronics issue though.

Ok, thanks :) I wonder whether it throws significantly farther than my Maelstrom G5 S2 or my Eagle Tac M3C4 ? The M3C4 does throw quite well. I'm pretty sure it significantly out throws the G5 though.

I'll have to look up summary comparison charts like those Selfbuilt posts.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about the S2, but it does slightly edge out my G5 with R5 and my M3C4 w/ SST-50 (If I remember correctly). The SST-50 puts out way more light over all though.

If we're only talking slightly, then I guess I'll pass - too bad, I got the most powerful LED lights in the market or so it seems (with the exception of the Olight SR90, which is too big and heavy for my tastes and also out of my price range). I don't know what else to get to ''wow'' me.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maelstrom S12 has the SST-90. I don't know first hand, but it's probably nice and floody like my Lupine Tesla TL1200. Beastly LED there. My JETBeam M2S out throws my G5 by a wide margin. I would suspect some of the larger XM-L lights would do nicely as well.

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Maelstrom S12 has the SST-90. I don't know first hand, but it's probably nice and floody like my Lupine Tesla TL1200. Beastly LED there. My JETBeam M2S out throws my G5 by a wide margin. I would suspect some of the larger XM-L lights would do nicely as well.

M2S huh ? Interesting. How's the beam on it ? Is it both floody and throwy ? I'll look this one up for sure - I wish I could find a light to outhrow my M3C4 XLM.

Latest posts