Olight M30 or M21 Owners

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have these lights. The M30 is offered with a smooth tail cap or squared. M21 looks good too, smaller less lumens but almost same price. I like the Olight quality so I dont think I can loose with either. Consider just gettin both. Those that can offer feedback on these, be my guest.

glazer1972

Newly Enlightened
I have an older M20 Warrior I carried on my belt. Mine ended up starting to flicker. I paid to send it back to batteryjunction. They sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. Being a noobie I didn't know much about working on them. I took it apart and found that the LED Module was loose. I tightened it up and it worked fine. I now have it mounted in a 1" ring to attach to my AR but I've never shot it like that. I just don't trust it and have switched to a Surefire G2FYL for my EDC.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the M30, and I once owned the M21. I also have an M20 R2. I sent the M21 back because it was not much of a step up compared to my M20 R2. I couldn't tell much difference in brightness between the two unless I did a ceiling bounce test, so I sent it back. The M21 was more floody than I expected, but I should have known this since it has such a big LED in this small package.

The M30 is my favorite of the 3 by far, but not for EDC (too big for EDC.) The M30 is a big wall of light with more flood than throw but I'd say it has mid-grade throw just because of how bright it is. Even though the M30 is a year old with no improvements, I'd buy it again if I lost mine. I even have an EagleTac M3C4 XM-L mega thrower, but it's a little chunky & doesn't ride well in my pocket. The M30 still gets its fair share of use because it's small enough to ride in my pocket for a while. For a high-powered light it's smaller & slimmer than most in its class.

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all for the info, I appreciate it. Ordered the M30 from Tactical today. I like the packaging that you get with Olight and will be interested in how the included diffuser will work. Also went with the new Maelstrom S12 over the M20, because of its nice size, price and high lumen power. That one's on backorder, have to wait for 4sevens to replenish stock.