Oveready Moddoolar Pocket

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just scored one here - first full light that has excited me in a while. Oh, my goodness - check it out!

I hope Tom doesn't mind my hijacking a photo on his behalf! It's a beautiful light

ModPocket.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just kept refreshing and one popped up as available. I suggest the same for anyone who'd like to get one!

I ordered black, smooth bezel, 18350 size - it's the first light that has really stirred me up in a while!

I didn't think they were in stock yet. How'd you get so lucky? Awesome! Let us know what you think!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway for you to do a short review? Am interested in this light but not sure if it would be justified at this point to spend that amount considering I have a new house to pay for. A positive review might steer me in the right direction.

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Anyway for you to do a short review? Am interested in this light but not sure if it would be justified at this point to spend that amount considering I have a new house to pay for. A positive review might steer me in the right direction.

Congrats on the new house.

I can contribute to a mini-review here. I scored a head and a new tailcap w/ clip to go with the tl-34 I already have, so basically its the black Moddoolar Pocket.

Ive been EDC'ing a neutral 3 mode triple in a z44 on the tl-34 body lately and the only thing I dont like about it is the lack of a clip and tail standing. Aside from that, I love the UI, brightness, and beam pattern of the triple. The new Moddoolar head looks slimmer and shorter than a z44 which is nice. And the new tailcap provides the clip option and tail standing.

I can already tell that the Moddoolar Pocket is going to be a wonderful EDC. I will add more once I get everything in the mail!

-Andrew

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just kept refreshing and one popped up as available. I suggest the same for anyone who'd like to get one!

I ordered black, smooth bezel, 18350 size - it's the first light that has really stirred me up in a while!

I was out for supper & I saw the Oveready email when I got back.... I've got a bunch of cash sitting in my PP account, got the triad trit tail already (scored one WAAAY early), but I wanted the 2x18350 body - I think the 1x18350 will be too short (for me). None left, so I saved some coin. Looks nice & heat can be an issue with the smaller lights - but I want to see how my tri-edc works out.... (when i get it)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the lucky score! If I didn't just get the L3N, I may have pulled the trigger and piece together a setup using an 18500. Now that we know what the head design looks like (and I like it a lot), I wonder if the next step is to put out an empty head so that we can use the multitude of P60 dropins we all already have.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great looking light (I love looking down the business end at those 3 emitters) but it's just too rich for my blood. Let us know how you like it run4jc!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can contribute to a mini-review here. I scored a head and a new tailcap w/ clip to go with the tl-34 I already have, so basically its the black Moddoolar Pocket.

Ive been EDC'ing a neutral 3 mode triple in a z44 on the tl-34 body lately and the only thing I dont like about it is the lack of a clip and tail standing. Aside from that, I love the UI, brightness, and beam pattern of the triple. The new Moddoolar head looks slimmer and shorter than a z44 which is nice. And the new tailcap provides the clip option and tail standing.

I can already tell that the Moddoolar Pocket is going to be a wonderful EDC. I will add more once I get everything in the mail!

-Andrew

I think you can buy a moddoolar tailcap with either a long or short clip. Were these no available when you first bought yours?

boulder

Newly Enlightened
I think you can buy a moddoolar tailcap with either a long or short clip. Were these no available when you first bought yours?

I am just using a surefire tailcap at the moment. But for me, getting the new head was an excuse for me to buy the triad tailcap as well.

I think that clip option is relatively new though...

Darvis

Enlightened
You guys thinking maybe a stubby Quad like this? :)

4hcn04.jpg

The sky is the limit with this Moddoolar stuff, I've been mutating lights ever since I've gotten my hands on triads and tubes, and bezels, and more tubes, more bezels, more triads, sigh....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew! Looking forward to more contribution, especially the well liked beamshots by all CPFers if possible.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That will be interesting! I have one of the aluminum Mac's Tri EDCs and am waiting on my ti neutral one. To each his own, but I am enamored of these "short blasters" - the Tri EDC, and now this. You can be certain that a full-on review with photos and my "lay person's" measurements is forthcoming! I will be out of pocket all next week when the light will most likely arrive, but next weekend seems like a good time for a review.

I'm curious to see how this stacks up against Mac's tri-edc

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
That will be interesting! I have one of the aluminum Mac's Tri EDCs and am waiting on my ti neutral one. To each his own, but I am enamored of these "short blasters" - the Tri EDC, and now this. You can be certain that a full-on review with photos and my "lay person's" measurements is forthcoming! I will be out of pocket all next week when the light will most likely arrive, but next weekend seems like a good time for a review.

thanks! I look forward to all of your incredibly in-depth reviews

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought any flashlight for weeks now, I've lost a little interest and will only buy the best of the best anymore...

Well, guess what I did a few hours ago, when the "sold out" sign eventually disappeared for a moment? It seems they put them online in small batches all day long, but I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot, these will stay unobtainium for a while I guess. Gray, 35mm, crenelated bezel, short clip and a neutral L3, just as I wanted it to be. My interest has been wakened again!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand completely - I have been in the same situation - lost a bit of interest, but this one awakened it. BTW, there's 1 in stock at this very moment...they are obviously releasing them very slowly. I actually like that - it allows more people to have a chance at getting one.

I haven't bought any flashlight for weeks now, I've lost a little interest and will only buy the best of the best anymore...

Well, guess what I did a few hours ago, when the "sold out" sign eventually disappeared for a moment? It seems they put them online in small batches all day long, but I'm pretty sure there aren't a lot, these will stay unobtainium for a while I guess. Gray, 35mm, crenelated bezel, short clip and a neutral L3, just as I wanted it to be. My interest has been wakened again!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The full light was sold out when I got on last night, but there was a short body, tailcap with short clip, and head, in gray, cool white, available....so I jumped on it. I can't wait. I haven't picked upa tri-edc yet (not sure exactly why), but would REALLY like to see a comaprison. I think my research says that this should be a touch brighter, but at the cost (duh) of heat and runtime. I could be wrong, though. Can't wait to see the comparisons. I'll probably wind up getting a tri-edc too, it is a classier looking light.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to "only buy the best of the best" anymore, the last light I bought before the Pocket was a Tri-EDC titanium (from Mac's website, I missed the second run). I don't have to say that I'm still waiting for it I guess, I expect it to turn up around may.

I hope the Moodoolar will arrive much ealier however. It'll be my first L3 Triple, I currently have two L1 (coll & neutral) in 9P hosts, fantastic floody illumination tools!

Latest posts