Nitecore D11 strobe problem

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate
I purchased a Nitecore D11 the other day and I cannot figure out how to turn on the strobe mode. The directions that came with the light are very confusing...

"With the light turned on, depress the tail cap and hold for more than half a second. The brightness level will ramp from Max to Min or Min to Max depending on starting level."

"With the light turned on, quickly click and hold the tail cap to enter the strobe mode"

With the light on, I tried to read depress as push in slowly and quickly click as push in fast. No matter the speed I depress or click :) it only ramps the light up or down, no disco for me. :shakehead

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Can be tricky to get right until you get the hang of it.

'Click' means to press and let go quickly - so to get to Strobe, you click once, then press and hold (i.e. press - let go - press again and hold down for half a second).

Click twice for SOS.

campingnut

Enlightened
In the Redwoods just North of the Golden Gate

'Click' means to press and let go quickly - so to get to Strobe, you click once, then press and hold (i.e. press - let go - press again and hold down for half a second).

Click twice for SOS.

Thanks, that worked. :twothumbs

I do not know why they don't state "double click and hold" :thinking:

I love this light, but I think the directions could use some rewriting...

rich297

Newly Enlightened

Click twice for SOS.

With a D10 ramping UI, you get high mode from the click and press, and low mode with the double click. I prefer that UI as I have never had any use for either the strobe or SOS in any light I've owned. I'd rather have quick access to either high or low mode when one or the other is needed and save the time it takes to ramp to either extreme.

I agree, it is a bit tricky at first. The key is to do the pressing and clicking as rapidly as possible.

Last edited: