Re-Chargeable draintime?

JH225

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking about picking up an UltraStinger since it is supposed to be a very bright and well made re-chargeable light.

I am wondering however about the idle draintime of a re-chargeable light. In other words, how long can a re-chargeable light hold its full(or close to it) charge while NOT in use? If I stick it in my truck and go to use it a month later,will it work?

Another question I have is that the Streamlights are rated in CP as opposed to lumens. How do they relate in comparison?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.... if you leave it for a month, it should have around 70% of it's full capacity left.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on anecdotal experience, I suspect that rechargeable batteries age rapidly when stored in a vehicle, probably due to the heat cycling (I live in North Carolina and my car gets hot in the summer). I use lithium batteries in my cars.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I can't comment on the ultra stinger, but in general, Rechargeable batteries lose 1 to 5 percent each day, depending on the battery and ambient temperature.

budlight

Newly Enlightened
We use an UltraStinger every nite (evening constitutional and walking the dog) which takes about an hour and it hasn't dimmed yet. I slap it back in the charger when we get back and it's ready for the next nite. If I feel a little mischievous I'll beam the lovers making out against the far wall in the park next door (about a hundred yard throw).
smile.gif