LED drop-in module for Romisen RC-A4

choombak

Enlightened
I managed to remove the LED module from Romisen RC-A4 (1xCR123A) light, and now am looking to replace it with another. I am a total newbie, and Google search for RC-A4 drop-ins turned up nothing. Attached are some photos of the stock LED module

So my questions are:
(1) Which dropin will fit the Romisen RC-A4?
(2) What measurements do I require to take to find a compatible dropin? (I noticed diameters, and so on.)

Preferably I am looking for a neutral tint, two or three modes with mode memory (okay with one strobe), SMO reflector, and a capability to run on RCR123 batteries. At this point, I don't have capabilities to solder, etc., so a ready made solution will work best.

If I am jumping too quickly, and require to read something (homework), kindly point me to the relevant docs, and I'll post an informed query then. :)

-Amarendra

img_1752.jpg

img_1751.jpg

img_1753.jpg

shortstack

Enlightened
I could be wrong but, I think you will have to change out the led and driver, I don't believe they make different drop-ins.

heraldes

Newly Enlightened
You can replace the original light engine by using a standart P60 dropin. The only thing you have to do is sanding down the reflector. I've done this mod some month ago and published it in the german Messerforum. Voilà

heraldes