EDC backup light

trbofrek

Newly Enlightened
i need help finding a good, small, bright, multi-mode, floody or mix of flood/throw, AA or cr123a pocketable or keychain light. either clicky or twisty is fine with me. please post me recommendations! im stuck on deciding. thanks!

trbofrek

Newly Enlightened
Kilovolt, im really interested in how thrunite performs. i know of their catapults (own one also) but i always wanted to know the quality and durability factor compared to other off shore producers.

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
i carry a 4sevens mini cr2 on my keychain for a backup light. if you prefer cr123s over cr2s, I reckon 4sevens has you covered in that department as well

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kilovolt, im really interested in how thrunite performs. i know of their catapults (own one also) but i always wanted to know the quality and durability factor compared to other off shore producers.

I have been one of the first to receive a Thrunite Neutron but still this happened less than two months ago, it is therefore far too early to talk about reliability.

OTOH the construction appears to be accurate with smooth threads and not-too-thin thickness anywhere. This light is not too expensive so I believed that I could take the risk and see how it behaves with time. We shall also look around here for early failure reports if any.

cxg231

Newly Enlightened
iTP A1 EOS. Bright, three modes, floody, and inexpensive (not to be confused with "cheap"). It's my EDC backup.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA & cr123 style lights are a little bulky for keychain carry to me (I like AAA lights for keychain, but carried a cr123 light on my keychain for a few years.) Here's what I'd recommend though:

Quark mini AA or the mini 123 - twisty switch & better for keychain - ClickHere

Quark 123 Regular or Quark AA Regular - both have clicky switch (larger than the mini's, so not great for keychain.) - ClickHere
If you get the Quark 123 or the AA you can run these on Li-ion rechargeables which boosts the output to about 200 lumens...nice.

Zebralight SC51 for AA battery or SC30 for a cr123 battery. Both have a clicky switch on the head & are the smallest all around lights with a clicky switch. Great UI on these as well. ClickHere

Sunwayman V10A (for AA) or V10R (for 123.) Clicky switch plus infinite variable system. (I don't own these yet, but plan to.) ClickHere