blackhawk gladius/insight typhoon neutral xp-g r4

pistolsnipe

Newly Enlightened
modded my insight typhoon with an xp-g r4 5c and carlco 26.5mm optic

didnt take build pics, but here is the breakdown

remove head, remove reflector, and reflector holder (put aside the o-ring that cushions the holder)

remove original star board

put in new star board, on top of blank star board for spacing

shave optic holder legs, cut one of them so that it will fit correctly

trim off tabs that hold optic into optic holder

put in optic, take the o-ring and put it on top of the optic, between the optic and the front lens (having an extra star board was not enough spacing for me)

screw everything together, done

cOQsb.jpg

Lz14m.jpg

bpjIj.jpg

as you can see there is a bright hotspot, with a slightly square shaped bright area surrounding it

i am very happy with this mod, and have now modded both of my lights this way

Flucero28

Enlightened
Thank you for this great info Pistolsnipe. I have ordered the 26.5mm carclo optics so that I can give this a go. I modded my gladius with the XPG R5, however used the stock reflector. Still excellent output, however I believe I will get a bit more throw with this optic, which is what I am after. Just to verify, you had to shim the emitter board with a blank emitter board in order to have enough length to hold the assembly down when the head is tightened, using the O-ring on top of the carclo also?

pistolsnipe

Newly Enlightened
yup, you could probably find something else to use, but that is what i had handy. make sure you trim off the clips that hold the optic in place on the top, and you have to shave the legs of the holder as well.

Latest posts