Hobby charger not charging at the sellected rate.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Today I just topped up a 7.4V lipo pack with my hobby charger as I needed the pack today. But although I sellected 0.3 Amps, it only wanted to charge the pack at 0.1A. I tried again with 0.4 and 0.5A, but no such luck. Just have to mention that the pack was at least 90% full allready.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just have to mention that the pack was at least 90% full allready.

That is why your charger is not charging at the full 0.3A. The pack is nearly charged so the charge is in the second stage, or CV stage of the charging algorithm. Check out this chart from Battery University, and you will see that all is well.:) In your case, when the charge rate drops to 30mA (0.1C of the original charge rate), the charge will terminate.

Dave

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Just have to mention that the pack was at least 90% full allready."

That's why. It was reaching the target voltage and entering constant voltage mode where it will only supply whatever amperage the cell can take without going above the target voltage.

Perfectly normal. :)

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
DAVE!!!!!!......Finally a question I can answer and you beat me to it! :thumbsup:...... I'll crawl back into my dark hole now, thanks. :D

Eh, well, I was just checking in on the Forum and, well..... Don't worry Colonel, you'll have plenty of opportunities to answer questions....... trust me!:ohgeez::)

Dave