Sunwayman V10R Ti - Inductor Whine on RCR?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi fellow V10R Ti fans,

Just a quick question. Does your Sunwayman V10R Titanium produce an inductor whine when using an RCR? I have this distinct whine on mine but seems to go away when I change it to a primary CR123. I have already contacted SWM and they are agreeable to have me send the light back. But I did not tell them that I was using an RCR in mine.

If you guys all face the same issue, I would take it as normal and would just accept it as it is. But if you guys don't hear any inductor whine even when using an RCR, I would just send it in to SWM.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Sunwayman V1OR about three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I plan on using RCR cells with it, so I will give it a test when it arrives (hopefully soon) and post another reply with the results.

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
I have a V10R (aluminum), and I just tested it with 3 different RCRs (AW Protected, Trustfire Protected, Generic Cheap Photo RCR), and a primary (Stellar 3v). I'm still a noob to LED so I'm not 100% sure what inductor noise is. I don't notice any noise unless I literally put my ear up to the glass and try to listen for one. And it sounded the same no matter what battery I tested.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Looks like I really have to send mine back to Sunwayman.

jjoustfrost, inductor whine sounds like a high pitch buzzing. A little like bees in flight but higher in pitch.

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
Ordering a V10R Ti soon. I hope I don't get a lemon. By the way did you get your repaired / replaced?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordering a V10R Ti soon. I hope I don't get a lemon. By the way did you get your repaired / replaced?

Yes, Sunwayman got it serviced in a short time of about 3 weeks (including shipping to & fro to China). Impressive.

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
Good to hear. I will be getting one of these shortly. Hoping to do a tritium switch mod. :)