Maglite 6D LED dropin

radioactive_man

Enlightened
I have this Maglite 6D and I'm considering buying a Terralux dropin for it (the 140 lumen kind - don't know what kind of LED is in it).

The specs say, that the light will run up to 6 times longer with the module than with the incan bulb, but I cannot figure out that this means, because I don't know the runtimes with an incan bulb. Can anyone help me out? I'd prefer to hear from someone with actual experience with the Terralux modules, but educated guesses are welcome too. :)

Thank you.

radioactive_man

Enlightened
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm really surprised that no one had any feedback on this. I posted it during my 3 post intro period after I had to reregister because of The Great CPF Blackout. Maybe it just went unnoticed?

er_ken

Newly Enlightened
Let me try my best to answer part of your question.

Terralux - if that is TLE-300M, should be around 500 Lumens. Search the forum with the name of the drop in, there should be a couple of existing discussion

For the original 6D Maglite, Krypton=162.6 lumen, Xenon=233.5 lumen

For my personal preference, 3-4D cell is the longest I will choose, and there are other options available, I recommend Mac custom, or you can take a look at Lamdba lights.

Or, you can DIY, such as X-ML with Mag body, look into market place or DIY forum you should get some quick idea.

Have fun...

Let There be Light

Newly Enlightened
I have this Maglite 6D and I'm considering buying a Terralux dropin for it (the 140 lumen kind - don't know what kind of LED is in it).

The specs say, that the light will run up to 6 times longer with the module than with the incan bulb, but I cannot figure out that this means, because I don't know the runtimes with an incan bulb. Can anyone help me out? I'd prefer to hear from someone with actual experience with the Terralux modules, but educated guesses are welcome too. :)

Check out http://www.brightguy.com/manufacturer/maglite.php

Thank you.

New User

Banned
I have a 6D with a TLE-300M EX installed. Also has on it a crenellated bezel and red flash cap tail. Plus two traffic wands and 6 x 10ah LSD cells, lives in my car.

Drop in is about the best for the 6D that exists as far as I know. Big fat hot spot, decent thrower, 3 modes, cheap for the 600 lumens.

Great run time in this huge thing, doubles as a handy weapon. Beam profile is not pretty however, jaggy edges, like overlapping squares. As ever doesn't matter in real life, but not one for white wall hunting.

See here for pics/video:

http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/TerraLUX_TLE-300M-EX_MiniStar30-EX.html

radioactive_man

Enlightened
Thanks for the answers so far, but bctually I was thinking more along the lines of the TLE-6EX Ministar5 Extreme. Any info on that one?