How to swap out the "clicky" on a Pelican M6 Lithium

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
Hello LumenGurus, noobie here.

I have an older Pelican M6 Lithium with (I think) the Luxeon 5-watt LED in it.

The switch failed on it, and Pelican sent me a new tail cap, free of charge, very nice service. Only problem is that my Pelican is bright aluminum, and the new tail cap is black. I talked to them and that is the only way they make them now, so I am stuck with a sort of funky-looking (but functional) light.

I still have the old tail cap with the defective clicky; is it possible to swap out the switch from one tail cap to another, and if so can I do it without any special tools?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also (while I'm on the topic) I know my LED is a little dated, is there a recommended and hopefully inexpensive drop-in for my Pelican that will put our more light?

many thanks
Bill

BBL

Enlightened
You could swap the internals, but the pelican tailcaps are sometimes glued, iirc

If you want to go the modding route:
The M6 tailcap has internally the same threads as a surefire c-series tailcap - so you could buy a McClicky module.
Another option would be those Kroll-Switch modules, but they were available a few years ago, i'm not sure if they are still available. I bought one 6 years ago, time really flies...

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. wasn't sure if it is glued or if I could pry/twist the switch out.

seale_navy

Enlightened
hi trooplewis,

Hmm ur torch is looking weird like that. You can tell them that u are unhappy with the weird colour of your torch and it is very likely they will send u a new one if dont mind getting a new black one.

I have many experience dealing with Pelican. They are the best in terms of the customer service. Do let me know if u still face problem.

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replu seale navy. I've thought of that, and I have been impressed with their customer service. truthfully, it is a strange looking light, but I don't have it for looks and I don't use it as an EDC so it doesn't get seen a lot. It is my nightstand light, that's all I use it for. I don't think I will push it with them, as the M6 is fully functional at this point.

Is there a relatively inexpensive drop in that will make my M6 even brighter without a lot of other modifications?