Any other 26650 lights out there

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
When I first saw the S12 Mailstorm I jumped to 4Sevens to most proparly buy it. But then I realised 2 things, that made me not to pull the trigger as fast as I thought I would.
1. It can't tailstand.
You dont always need this function, but after getting my TA21, which I like a lot, I was very dissappointed when I learned it can't tailstand. I really use it for all my tasks, but when the power is out at times, I do need to fetch another light to do the tailstand/lighting of a whole room thing..
2. Only two levels.
I would have liked it to have a minimum of 5 lumens. There is too much of a gap between its two settings, for me at least. 120 lumens to 800 lumens. If they could have thrown lets say 350 lumens as a medium setting, then this light would have replaced my TA21 as my bedside light.

What other 26650 original factory lights are out there?

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Here is an interesting find at Lighthound that might be worth a look. This has decent spacing between levels but probably won't satisfy those looking for a low-low.

Here is another variation which looks like the same host, just different LED.

Ever since I discovered FiveMega's 1x26650 hosts, this is my favorite large format. I don't need anything bigger than this and it gives a nice capacity boost while still remaining within a single cell configuration. As an added benefit, the 26650 cells that I am aware of are LiMnNi, which is considered a safer chemistry.

Good luck with your quest. If you find something else noteworthy in this department, circle back around and let us all know :cool: I only noticed the S12 a couple days ago myself.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
When You both use these lights, You must have
Any link(s) to 26650 protected cell?
Somehow cant find any that make use of the way bigger size than 18650

the higher the mAh, the better

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first saw the S12 Mailstorm I jumped to 4Sevens to most proparly buy it. But then I realised 2 things, that made me not to pull the trigger as fast as I thought I would.
1. It can't tailstand.
You dont always need this function, but after getting my TA21, which I like a lot, I was very dissappointed when I learned it can't tailstand. I really use it for all my tasks, but when the power is out at times, I do need to fetch another light to do the tailstand/lighting of a whole room thing..
2. Only two levels.
I would have liked it to have a minimum of 5 lumens. There is too much of a gap between its two settings, for me at least. 120 lumens to 800 lumens. If they could have thrown lets say 350 lumens as a medium setting, then this light would have replaced my TA21 as my bedside light.

What other 26650 original factory lights are out there?

You have just described the reason I ended up buying the EagleTac M3C4 XM-L. It uses 2 18650s though, but has 5 output options - 5, 65, 192, 404, & 745 lumens. Truly throws the beam 200+ yds, tail stands, great UI, hidden blinky modes, has a great flood filter that just screws onto the front, and is about to come out with a brighter version which has 3 XM-L LED's in it. Here is the version I own - ClickHere

I do not know of any other lights that use the 26650 battery.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an interesting find at Lighthound that might be worth a look. This has decent spacing between levels but probably won't satisfy those looking for a low-low.

I have this light and it is bright. It uses the higher amp driver than what these hosts normally come with. It does tail stand as well.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
You have just described the reason I ended up buying the EagleTac M3C4 XM-L. It uses 2 18650s though, but has 5 output options - 5, 65, 192, 404, & 745 lumens. Truly throws the beam 200+ yds, tail stands, great UI, hidden blinky modes, has a great flood filter that just screws onto the front, and is about to come out with a brighter version which has 3 XM-L LED's in it. Here is the version I own - ClickHere

I do not know of any other lights that use the 26650 battery.

Its a great light. I did look at it yesterday allready:) Its a good alternative. Still i'm going to look at single 26650 offerings before I'm going to make up my mind. I'm even thinking of getting a Sunwayman M40A. I just like the short, fat, powerfull, ring controlled lights. I'm in no hurry to decide as ussually, just after I buy, I see something that I should have bought:(

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
ElektroLumens Bruiser? 26650 battery, SST-90 or SST-50 or MCE, WIP
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ser-26650-battery-SST-90-or-SST-50-or-MCE-WIP

When You both use these lights, You must have
Any link(s) to 26650 protected cell?
Somehow cant find any that make use of the way bigger size than 18650

the higher the mAh, the better
Lighthound has IMR 26650 which can handle high amperage better than regular Li-ions. That takes care of the high amp protection.
You can then take care of the low voltage protection by measuring the voltage with a DMM/voltmeter before recharging. If below 2.7V toss. If above charge.
A good charger should take care of the high voltage protection.
You do not absolutely need protected batteries as long as you follow safety procedures.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Can you comment on that TorchLight from LightHound? I would like something like that, but am spoiled by the quality and reliability of Surefires and Malkoffs and HDS's. I own Jetbeams and Fenix's. Would you say the quality is closer to an Ultrafire, or a Fenix? I've dropped Fenixes, but my Deal Extreme lights are terrible.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I think with a major manufacturer like 4sevens coming out with their own brand of 26650 and charger, we will be seeing some more 26650 lights.

Personally, I think FiveMega's hosts are the best. Maybe you can bug him to make some more.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 of those lights and use them all the time. I keep one in my vehicle and it gets banged up and has never given me any problems. I honestly do not believe the coating is HA III but it seems to hold up well. The threads will need to be oiled to be smooth but overal it is a great light.

Can you comment on that TorchLight from LightHound? I would like something like that, but am spoiled by the quality and reliability of Surefires and Malkoffs and HDS's. I own Jetbeams and Fenix's. Would you say the quality is closer to an Ultrafire, or a Fenix? I've dropped Fenixes, but my Deal Extreme lights are terrible.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I have a few of the Torchlite RW/06 version available. They are $100 with a MC-E and a (optional for use) extender tube. I also have a few of the SST-90 version for $125. I have a few that have small nicks in the annodization, Here's the chinese page with it:

http://outdoorstorch.en.ec21.com/Cree_XLamp_MC_E_M--3836378_3836379.html

SST-90 version is rated at 725 lumens, the MC-E is 525 lumens. These readings were from Nailbender's sphere.

If interested, PM me here. Prices include shipping in the US. I'll take off a few bucks on the ones with anno problems but they all work fine and the nicks are quite small.

Last edited: