So Soros thinks Bush is nasty?!

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I heard he's raising money to defeat Bush. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I didn't know much about this guy until doing a little reading.

Soros reportedly made his billions by preying on other countries economic misfortune in the devaluation of their currency. It is rumored he caused the Asian economic crisis of 1997 by his actions. He once made one billion dollars in a day betting the British pound would devalue. Now this destabilizing force wants to financially dabble in American politics, scary. He is well known and respected in China and Russia and is known there as the "Crocodile".

He donates hundreds of millions to different charities for the poor and disadvantaged, which is kind of ironic because there's a good chance he put many of these same people into the destitute category around the world.

He took a hard line stance against the Bush tax cut which seems noble for a billionaire until you hear he keeps most of his money off-shore to avoid income tax. They say his on-shore money mostly goes to charities to further his agenda and again, avoid taxes.

What do you think of a man that has no product to offer but made $7 billion on others losses? A man that didn't pay his "fair share" of income tax for this profit but opposes tax cuts wants to defeat Bush, is this a surprise? Many here think Bill Gates is ruthless. Bill seems like a saint compared to this guy. At least Bill gives you a product when he takes your money.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
... It is rumored he caused the Asian economic crisis of 1997 by his actions...

[/ QUOTE ]

If true it is absolutely chilling for one man to have such power.

Brightnorm

SUREFARC

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
... It is rumored he caused the Asian economic crisis of 1997 by his actions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Partly, I'd say.

Anyway for such a powerful man, I guess this(defeat Bush) could be mission possible.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
It seems that Soros is for Soros. He was the one who raised the money to put up the illegal ICTY. This is the court in the Hague which appears to be putting the whole of Serbia on trial, and which is illegal under all EU, Dutch and international laws.
It'll be interesting as to whether the so called charitable millions will be donated in helping Serbs and non-Serbs re-build thier shattered homes in the former Yugoslavia. They certainly haven't seen any of it yet!

http://www.tenc.net

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly off topic, but I don't have a problem for anyone to avoid some of their income taxes by giving money to charity. If you donate to charity it makes government entitlements less necessary. At any time that you can bypass having the money go through the federal government and more directly to the people it's going to help your money be worth more since so much gets eaten up as it's passed around. This is why charitable donations are deductable. If the government didn't want you to give the money they wouldn't let you deduct it.

Also you have more say on where it is going to be spent as you pick the charity rather than the government.

So while the man may very well be as evil as you say, this particular point I think is a good thing, rather than a bad thing.

If there was enough money going to people in need directly through charity then the government could get out of the entitlement business, or at least limit itself to those that still slip through the cracks.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Slightly off topic, but I don't have a problem for anyone to avoid some of their income taxes by giving money to charity. If you donate to charity it makes government entitlements less necessary. At any time that you can bypass having the money go through the federal government and more directly to the people it's going to help your money be worth more since so much gets eaten up as it's passed around. This is why charitable donations are deductable. If the government didn't want you to give the money they wouldn't let you deduct it.

Also you have more say on where it is going to be spent as you pick the charity rather than the government.

So while the man may very well be as evil as you say, this particular point I think is a good thing, rather than a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ] James, I agree. Honestly, if you could keep your cash off-shore to avoid the rediculous us tax code and government bs, wouldn't you?

[ QUOTE ]
If there was enough money going to people in need directly through charity then the government could get out of the entitlement business, or at least limit itself to those that still slip through the cracks.

[/ QUOTE ]Liberals will never let this happen. They need all the votes they can get.