I need a P60 drop-in, MUST be neutral/warm and MUST be thrower (300+ lumens)

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations that fit this criteria? (Fully potted would be a bonus, as well.)

I sure wish Gene made a warm thrower...

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what you consider a thrower but the P60 will never have what I would consider "great throw" because the reflector is too small and shallow. Since you can't make the reflector any bigger or deeper, the only thing you can do is make the LED smaller (higher surface brightness) to increase throw. The best you are going to get for throw is an XR-E (did you try Nailbender?). I have a deerelight P60 drop-in with an XP-E emitter (5C tint) that is a pretty decent thrower (for a P60).

Last edited:

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
+1 on Nailbender. An XRE Q4 5B or thereabouts in a smooth reflector is about as throwy as you're likely to find in a P60. Likely around 190-200lm output, and he'll pot it for an extra $5.
Good luck.

J.

mellowman

Newly Enlightened
Can you update this thread with the options you and Dave come up with? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just to add an idea to the discussion. What about using aspheric lens (from say DX) and an XM-L with smooth reflector?

Last edited: