• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF: SF L1 Gen 6 w/ XM-L

boulder

Newly Enlightened
I would like to sell the Surefire L1 that I modded myself. I used a Cree XM-L from IlluminationSupply and Arctic Silver 5 for heat transfer.

I used hot water and my bare hands to open the head. The whole light is mint.

Estimated 450 OTF lumens (I believe another member has done the same mod and that is what he measured) The hotspot is larger and brighter than my LX2. Tint is 1C which is cool white.

Asking price is $135 $115 SPF!!! paypal gift shipped priority in the US.

Payment by paypal gift only.

First "I'll take it" followed by prompt payment

Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited:

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: SF L1 Gen 6 w/ XM-L

I can take photos when I get home from work in 4 hours. It looks like a stock L1 because I only swapped the emitter. Looking into the optic you can see the larger LED but I don't know how well I can capture that with my camera.

As far as getting 450 OTF lumens you would have to use an IMR cell. I forgot to add that.

boulder

Newly Enlightened

Bump and price drop for a quick sale.

Glow_Worm

Newly Enlightened

I'm surprised this is still here, I'm very tempted to get it myself at this price even though I already have a similar head that Bigchellis put together. Including this w/ the L1 body gives a nice two-stage capability that'll work w/ CR123 or IMR16340. You can also put the head on an E2E or VME body w/ a 17670 battery and get 900+ lumens at turn-on, and 700+ after 3 mins. (The driver in the L1 reduces the power to the LED compared to running it direct drive in a "straight-thru" body.)

Free bump for what should be a very nice light.

no-knock

Newly Enlightened

I'm still very new to the flashlight world and not very familiar with different types of common lights. What is the beam profile like on the L1 with this emitter? Thrower or floody? I'm also interested in this light. just would like to know a bit more. Thanks.

boulder

Newly Enlightened

The beam is floodier than the stock L1 ( which is very tight due to the TIR lense) this is because the XM L is larger than the stock emitter. I would say that the hotspot is now about 25% larger and also a lot brighter. The hotspot is about 8 inches at 1 meter. There is also considerably more spill.

Edit: there is still plenty of throw!!

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really would like to see photos of your mod.

It sounds great.

andyfrasier

Enlightened

:paypal:

For some reason PayPal chose to not allow me to fund the payment with my credit card, even though it has allowed me to do this hundreds of time before. I was only given an option to send a eCheque which will take a few days to clear. Sorry for the inconvienience. When the money is cleared my shipping address is in the paypal notes.

Thanks

boulder

Newly Enlightened

Thanks! I will ship as soon as that clears

boulder

Newly Enlightened

Rob! I couldn't capture a good shot of the business end with my cell phone camera ( it's all I have)