ZebraLights

Glock27

Enlightened
It looks like ZebraLight has purged a bunch of offerings.
All the H50s and Red 501s.

The SC600 is supposed to be out next month. I hope they'll bring out an H600 too.
G27

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the SC600. Hopefully the light will arrive in better condition than my last two zebralights which looked like they had been used for the last 2 years when I pulled them out of the box (brand new). scratches, missing HA, chips, dust. Anymore of that junk and I will stop ordering from them.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real shame that they're no longer offering the H501R. It was the only light I knew of that used a red XR-E (which has a beautiful tint). Seems like the days of red LED lights are rapidly fading in the rearview. I should have picked up an HR501R while they were still on sale (and I'm still pining for an Ra 85Tr).

Dry-cell

Enlightened
I'm looking forward to the SC600. Hopefully the light will arrive in better condition than my last two zebralights which looked like they had been used for the last 2 years when I pulled them out of the box (brand new). scratches, missing HA, chips, dust. Anymore of that junk and I will stop ordering from them.

That's not good, did you contact them and send them back?.

Viper715

Enlightened
The 85 Tr is a great light I wish Henry would update it but alas I don't think that will happen. The 501R had a better beam than the red on the Ra. O can't wait for the SC600 looks like a great light.

Best Regard,
Eric

Deal4

Enlightened
Yes. both going back. SC60w and SC51w. The SC51w was far worse than the SC60w

Wow, that bites! I just ordered the SC51. I hope that isn't something that happens quite often!

srfreddy

Enlightened
Wow, that bites! I just ordered the SC51. I hope that isn't something that happens quite often!

They had...3 bad batches or something in their history? Two with the H501's, the seals were faulty, and one with the SC/H 51's, with bad emmiters.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
I've got an SC60W. somewhere between China and Australia. The wait I can handle but getting a sub-standard 'light from Z/L that would be too much!

My SC30W. ( from Jay Flashlight.) is without a single flaw: So good, in fact, it could mistaken for a custom 'light and that goes for the tint, beam pattern &
UI. as well. I bought the SC60W. because the 30W. was so good...fingers crossed.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. both going back. SC60w and SC51w. The SC51w was far worse than the SC60w

That is the first time I have heard about that type of thing, I assume you got it from Zebralight direct? I've received most of my ZL's through them and it's always been pleasant so this has to be a very rare abnormally, it does not excuse it but I don't think it's something you'll have to worry about again unless your have one of those lightning striking twice kind of deals.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
How long has Zebralight been around for anyway?. I'd rather buy from someone with a longer run track record. They only have a few models to choose from with variations.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long has Zebralight been around for anyway?. I'd rather buy from someone with a longer run track record. They only have a few models to choose from with variations.

You shouldn't let that put you off; they're very good lights. The fact there seem to be more complaints about them is because since we're more knowledgeable and picky about these things, we notice stuff like that more and not willing to just live with it; there are many posts here about how satisfied people have been with their ZL's. I've been extremely satisfied with my SC50w+ and H51w. My 50w+ is my primary EDC and I also EDC my h51w in my bike bag as well.

I also think the consistency they have among their various lights is a strength, not a weakness. They are very consistent in terms of their tint, and they all use the same UI, which is one of, if not the best UI's around. What they've done is target a specific segment of the market, and have done that quite well. They're not trying to compete with tactical or military lights, search and rescue lights, etc. If you want a company that tries to cover all those bases, look at Jetbeams. The great thing about ZL's is that their product line up has something for just about anyone in terms of a small, powerful, EDC-able light. You can pick from either cool or warm tints, and your choice of battery types, AA, 123, or 18650 formats; it's all up to you.

Dry-cell

Enlightened
Well said B0wz3r. I would have liked to see a nice holster included in the SC51 package, instead of the headband. It's nice to have something to carry the light in, I'm not the type to shove a nice light in with keys and such inside my pocket.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the H31Fw has been pushed back a few months? I see the updated body with clip.

Would a change from the xp-g to xm-l in the render the etched 'flood' lense redundant?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said B0wz3r. I would have liked to see a nice holster included in the SC51 package, instead of the headband. It's nice to have something to carry the light in, I'm not the type to shove a nice light in with keys and such inside my pocket.

Thanks DC... You can buy a 4sevens holster for their 1x123/1xAA lights for eight clams on their website, and the SC5x series of lights fits it perfectly, and the 4sevens holsters are some of my favorites because they actually have a top flap on them, which I prefer.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_304&products_id=1883

srfreddy

Enlightened

mrlysle

Enlightened
My first ZL was the SC51 and it is perfect in every way. Clean LED, flawless finish, and works exactly as advertised. Then I got a SC60w. Same thing. Perfect. That warm tint is really something. Tre definitely had some bad luck with his and I hope if he replaces them, the next lights will be perfect too. I guess all manufacturers suffer the occassional "quality control" misfits, but I don't think Zebralight is known for bad quality control. I don't know how long they've actually been around, but they make some really fantastic lights in their price point. Anyone who doesn't have a ZL owes it to themselves to get at least one, and see for yourself how nice they really are. Like I said, the two I have, I couldn't be happier with, and I plan on getting more as money permits. :twothumbs