Maglite D head on C size body

dizhu

Newly Enlightened
Besides lots of grinder and jb weld glue, any other adaptor thing? I prefer holding C sized tube.

Slickseth

Newly Enlightened
Why do you needto use the "D" head? Other than the opening for the body tube, the heads are basically the same.

dizhu

Newly Enlightened
Ahh, I see your point. I am stuck in some thinking process since I only have several Maglite C flashlights and am pondering TerraLux D size drop in.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Ahh, I see your point. I am stuck in some thinking process since I only have several Maglite C flashlights and am pondering TerraLux D size drop in.

The diameter of the top of both heads are the same, but the C has a deeper shelf whereas the D has a wider neck. Depending on how the TerraLux D size drop-in is shaped, it might fit in the C head with little to no modding. Someone here used to make C neck to D neck adapters for I forget which custom D head (Delghi?, FM?). You might find a used one in BST.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The diameter of the top of both heads are the same, but the C has a deeper shelf whereas the D has a wider neck. Depending on how the TerraLux D size drop-in is shaped, it might fit in the C head with little to no modding.

Someone here used to make C neck to D neck adapters for I forget which custom D head (Delghi?, FM?). You might find a used one in BST.

Good point tech. If only to fit a drop-in, might not need adaptor after all.

As for the adaptor you referred to, I am pretty sure it never existed, there was a thread went as far as take interests on potential offering, but it never got made.

I have searched High & low before decided to grind my own.

donn_

Flashaholic
I wish someone would make one for sale. I'd love to run 3" and larger heads on C tubes. The closest I have is FM's D/C body, running one of his 3.5" heads.

IMGP3198.jpg

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
The closest I have is FM's D/C body, running one of his 3.5" heads.

That is so weird, I am running the EXACT same parts setup. Mine is using 5 IMR 26500 driving a 64458.

-DF

Mettee

Enlightened
I will try making one next week and post back some pictures...should not be too tough.

donn_

Flashaholic
The problem will be appearance. A bare metal adapter, visible between the head and tube, won't be very attractive.

I wonder if it's possible to do it in something like black delrin?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one I made utilized the bottom of the black D head, no "white neck" exposed.

dscf7344n.jpg

dizhu

Newly Enlightened
The diameter of the top of both heads are the same, but the C has a deeper shelf whereas the D has a wider neck.

Yes, confirmed Terralux TLE-300M-EX won't fit. The D head must be more squarish inside than svelte C head.

Last edited: