Drop-in or complete head for a FM C-sized 2 x 26650 host

warmurf

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have one of the above coming in but don't actually have anything to put in it yet. Looking around it's hard to find anything readily available. The only 2 I know of is a M91, and possibly an Oveready triple. But I love SST-90s, and was hoping to get one for this set-up. Does anyone know who does one, or any decent drop-in or heads to put on these set-up?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you've already identified the only two really high-output multi-cell dropins. Both are excellent choices IMO - the M91 appears to be a very good design, and I really really like my OR Triples.

My guess is that there are very limited choices when it comes to buck drivers and the very high currents that we are asking for these days. One reason why the OR triple is a boost driver and its three LEDs are wired in series.

Gene's M91 is the first buck driver design that can do the relatively high currents, from what I gather - I'm not an expert on drivers though, I just pay attention to their applications. :)

Enjoy your FM,

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
Does anyone know if a Lumens Factory SST-90 head with a C2M adaptor would run with the FM 2 x 26650 host? That is another possible option?