I just want to be sure that this XM-L P60 and body will work together...

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I want to put together an Ultrafire Cree T6 3-Mode and Solarforce L2P together for my next light.

First, all I am really seeing is the drop in in SMO. Is that the preferred reflector for the LED? What kind of beam does it produce? I gather it will be on the floody side but I'd like to know if it's ringy. (See I am doing this over after getting tired of MC-E and OP reflector leaving a doughnut hole (In a WF502B.))

Any idea how this would compare to my P-Rocket R-5?

Lastly, should there be an issue with that module fitting in a Solarforce L2p?

Thank you all for any feedback!

Justin

recDNA

Flashaholic
I hope so. I ordered one also!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well nobody seems to know, so let me know when you get one set up!

J

I will ut it will take a couple of weeks to get to me.
There's also aan ultrafire complete flashlight that draws 4.6 amps from one 18650
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should fit fine, mine does anyway. I've recently realised how important it is to take tailcap currents through the switch as well, it's a little more fiddly but the difference in results is pretty big at 2A+ currents.

My manafont (Ultrafire) XM-L drop-in draws 3.95A on a fresh AW 2900 cell but through the tailcap (Solarforce L2) it's only 2.8A, similar stories with my other high current lights.

Anyway, I would recommend packing the drop-in with tin foil to ensure good thermal transfer to the body and also to pick up an OP reflector for it from manafont, the SMO one does leave a pretty big donut hole and tint variation accross the beam, and OP seems not to decrease throw by any noticeable amount.

To properly fit the reflector however you will have to remove the black plastic ring thing around the led to allow it to screw down fully and focus properly, in fact maybe doing this would have helped with the donut in the SMO version, but I only tried it with after I got the OP reflector.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Actually I'll be relieved if it only pulls 2.8 amps...but will runtime and heat production be as IF it is pulling over 4?

If I'm happy with Manafont delivery time and products I'm going to try the UltraFire UF-980L 980-Lumen T6 Memory LED Flashlight that supposedly pulls 4.6 amps!

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input.

I ordered a Solarforce L2P and the Ultrafire XM-L T6 drop in. I have a OP reflector for my MC-E that may fit so I may get to try both for free!

J