Yezl Z1X - Comparison with Streamlight PT2L and 4Sevens Quark Mini AA2

KLowD9x

Banned
First, the pictures (images have been resized, click image for full size):

Beamshot!

In order: Yezl, 4Sevens and Streamlight

Currently I am powering the light with an Ultrafire Red "3000mAh" 18650 cell. I have measured 1.9A draw at the tail cap. I feel that this is lower than the rated 2.5A draw because I have read reports that the Ultrafire Reds have a resistor in the tail cap.

I have decided to purchase an AW IMR 18650 1600mAh cell for use in this light because there are reports of 3.5A at the tail cap with an IMR cell.

Overall, the body feels like a 3 of 5 for quality. Anodizing feels like a 1 of 5 on quality. But the heatsinking is a 5 of 5 with a huge brass slug in the head to draw heat away from the LED. Threads are a 2 of 5 as they are not square cut and hard to start but they feel nice once they are carefully aligned. The bezel is stainless steel which looks and feels nice but there is about one thread holding it on. I tried removing it to inspect the threads but it felt really fragile so I put it back on. This light has mode memory which is absolutely wonderful!

It does tailstand as it has a flat clicky button. The button and o-ring at the glass lens are both GITD. The LED is centered perfectly in the smooth reflector.

Overall, I really like this light. It has a very floody light which is great for what I use my lights for. I have a pocket clip that may fit and if it does, I will have the perfect EDC.

One final note, the low and medium modes have notable PWM. This does not bother me at all but I know that some of you on here are bothered by PWM.

Hope this review was helpful and I will keep it updated as I try a new IMR battery.

P.S. Sorry about the image quality. I had to use my Blackberry camera as I am on a business trip and do not have my Nikon with me.

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
blackberry camera or not, thanks or the mini-review. floodiness seems to be a common trait amongst xm-l lights

recDNA

Flashaholic
Sounds good enough to buy! Do any of our USA distributers carry it or do you have to send to China? If you'd rather not say the name of the distributer in a thread a pm would be great. I actually prefer 1.9 amps since I think it will get too hot too fast at 2.5 amps in such a small light.

KLowD9x

Banned
Sounds good enough to buy! Do any of our USA distributers carry it or do you have to send to China? If you'd rather not say the name of the distributer in a thread a pm would be great. I actually prefer 1.9 amps since I think it will get too hot too fast at 2.5 amps in such a small light.

I searched before buying and the only place I could get it was from here. They are active on cpfmarketplace.com
My only beef with them was I paid 20 bucks for UPS shipping and they sent it EMS which was 12 dollars. No biggie, the light is worth it. Also, a couple of days after you order, if you haven't received a tracking number, you may want to e-mail the admin and ask for one. That's how I got mine. It took 8 business days to receive, which isn't bad at all.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Too bad. I prefer to order from one of our dealers. If it came with a clip I'd buy it anyway.

KLowD9x

Banned
Too bad. I prefer to order from one of our dealers. If it came with a clip I'd buy it anyway.

We have dealers? This dealer is active on cpfmarketplace.com and I have yet to read a complaint.

There are several clips that fit. This clip works well, I am told. I have a clip at home I am going to try off of a Lumapower Trust Model 2 but if it doesn't fit, I will be purchasing the clip linked.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I meant in USA. Just a pain to go looking for a clip that almost fits. A light this size should come with a clip IMO

I have one of those Solarforce clips. It is bulky and horrible. The lanyard holder sticks into me and it rotates around.

KLowD9x

Banned
I just took a quick hike with the light to find a dark road to test it out on. As luck would have it, down the road they are building a bridge. There was a wall of trees and some very tall cranes that this light was able to light up easily.

Surprisingly, Google Earth has a very current shot of this construction area:

naKI8.jpg

The wall of light that comes out of this thing is absolutely impressive. I was able to light up the whole area. I didn't realize it at first but on the other side of the crane in the picture, there is a major highway and I'm sure they could see me clearly.

Also, I ordered two AW lithium batteries. One IMR 18650 to show off with and one 2900mAh LiNiCoO2 cell to EDC with.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
...you illuminated the entire picture Google Earth took with your flashlight! It must be really bright! :p