coleman max cr2

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
anyone have any opinions on the Coleman Max CR2 115 lumans. wal Mart has them for $26. I need a light for work and this is the perfect size. I have searched online and can't find much info. on them. Is the switch a clicky or momentary on?

Thanks

DaveG

Enlightened
I have one,not a bad pocket light,the switch is a clicky,only one mode.That being said the cost of the batteries can be a problem if you dont buy online.For $26.you may want to look around for something more user friendly-aa-aaa style.I got my CR2 a few years back on close out for $15. at WM, Good luck.

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, the battery cost isn't a problem. I buy cr123's online 20 at a time so the cost is low. The thing about the AAA and AA is the size. AAA's are to big around and AA's are a little long for what I am looking for. If the coleman was on clearance for $15 I'd jump right on it. It looked like the size I want and I don't want multiple modes for a work light.

Viper715

Enlightened
You say you get CR123 s. Just so you know this is a CR2 light they are a smaller battery. I've had the Coleman and had issues with reliability. The climb was finicky and I ended up giving it away.

Best Regard,
Eric

Flashlike

Enlightened
You say you get CR123 s. Just so you know this is a CR2 light they are a smaller battery. I've had the Coleman and had issues with reliability. The climb was finicky and I ended up giving it away.

Best Regard,
Eric

What did you mean when you said "The climb was finicky..."?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get a Romisen AA light or the ultrafire's AA light. You'll get same or more lumens, similar price and the ultrafire I got I can run a 14500 in it for 200 lumens :thumbsup:

Ultrafire A10 with a q5 emitter I think.

Last edited: