Do you carry a flashlight during the day?

Fluffy Ops

Newly Enlightened
I figured that most flashaholics on this website would answer "yes" to this question but I would like to know "what" they carry and "why" they do so.

I EDC two lights on my person as a way of preparing myself in case of a power outage or, if worse comes to worse, a street assault. Flashlights are great defensive, illuminating and multi-purpose tools that I think we should all appreciate and equip ourselves with.

I carry a 4Sevens Quark AA-2 (Regular) S2 Edition, always with bezel tightened for instant access to Max mode when unholstered, and a micro "Investors Group" LED light on my keychain. Sometimes I will have my Rayovac SE3AAAMN-B flashlight in my backpack as well.

boulder

Newly Enlightened
I carry one just incase I need one for general use. I always think about power outages. Or if I go somewhere and I won't be home before it gets dark.

doktorziplok

Newly Enlightened
spy 007 on my belt, ti preon on my keys. if i'm at work, i've got a cheap fenix e01 on my id lanyard.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P2D Q5 on belt.
Fenix LD01 R2 in pocket.
2 CR123 cells in pocket.
Fenix TK35 in jacket pocket plus 4 primaries or 2 18650s.
Photon on key chain.

Because it's there?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry one because it's useful. Especially during the day where ambient or overhead lighting prevents your eyes from adapting to dimmer environments like under/behind furniture or unlit spaces (closets, car trunks, etc).

Also, I carry a light because I enjoy playing with the light. Even if it wasn't so tremendously useful, I'd probably carry it as a toy. I don't carry lights in case of a power outage, but if there is a power outage, I'm covered.

I always have my high CRI HDS Clicky and ITP A3 lights on me. I just got a SC51w that I'll probably carry for a while until the novelty wears off, but that will be in addition to my other lights. I just can't see the SC51w displacing my HDS Clicky.

--flatline

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
I do because even though it's daytime, there's still areas of darkness
i.e. indoors, alleyways, under bridges, between a crack in the pavement, etc...

also, you never know what situation may arise that will keep you out past dark

and my lights are so small, so barely even notice them

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry one by virtue of it riding in my jacket pocket all the time. And I usually come home it's dark.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Not on me during the day, but one in my car and one in my equipment pack I take when working out of the house... Always nearby.

brh

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Muyshondt Aeon on my keyring —*and I always have my keys. Mostly comes in handy at night when I forgot to grab an additional light, but daytime calls for light sometimes as well :)

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I carry three - a Preon Revo on my keychain, a Preon 1 Clicky in my pocket, and a Zebralight SC51 or DST TLR Ti in my pants pocket all the time. I use them at work (dark places in plant buildings, inspection work, warning forklift drivers in the warehouse, etc.).

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
These days, Quark Mini AA.

When you actually have a light on you all the time it's amazing how many uses you find for it.

I keep more than that "with me" (car, backpack, etc), but that's my "always on my person" carry.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, during the day. My job has me working on and in buildings that don't always have power.
I have an overready triple xpg, In a Surefire 6P defender, and a Vannisle 5.6 amp Quad xpg in a C2body 6p head and tail.
That's my hip and side pocket. I have a nitecore d10 camo in my coat pocket.
That's my during the day.

City maintenance for Edmonton, I do board and secures on drug busts and breakins, been in LRT tunnels, abandoned buildings, attics and crawl spaces.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an overready triple xpg, In a Surefire 6P defender, and a Vannisle 5.6 amp Quad xpg in a C2body 6p head and tail
City maintenance for Edmonton

Well now I know that if I pass a guy on the sidewalk with that many lumens clipped to his belt to smile and wave at you CH. :)

weez82

Enlightened
I always have a MiNi AA2 or ld10 on me. Never know when I'll be looking in a dark garage or fixing a PC or under a hood of a car or a whole lot of other stuff. I like the small aa lights, nice and thin and I dont feel them in my pocket :)