Fenix TK35, Maelstrom G5, TK35 with aspheric from projection TV beamshots

blub

Enlightened
Here are some beamshots I just took testing my camera. Tk 35, Maelstrom G5 and TK35 with an aspheric lens from a projection TV I robbed that someone threw out on the side of the road. Each TV has three of those lenses. All pictures shot at 1 SECOND @ F2 ISO 80. Distance is 125 yards according to google earth.

Control

control.jpg

Maelstrom G5

MaelstromG5.jpg

Fenix TK35

TK35withoutaspheric.jpg

Fenix TK35 with aspheric lens

aspheric.jpg

Maelstrom G5/Fenix TK35 with lens

MaelstromG5TK35Aspheric.jpg

Last edited:

blub

Enlightened
I don't know a lot about aspherics but it throws! (and it was free):p It's not actually duct taped on, a 1.5" pvc coupling fits perfectly to hold it to the TK body, just jammed on. Maybe someday I'll try to make it look nice. It's a lot of fun, I've had it on all of my lights but the TK is the brightest.

tinctorus

Newly Enlightened
How are you liking the TK35 with just the reflector that it comes with?
I ask because I think this is going to be my next light, Originally it was going to be the TK45 but I think this looks much nicer, is smaller and it is brighter as well which is what I am looking for since you cant get much brighter without going to an HID light

blub

Enlightened
I love my Fenix and you'd be amazed at how much brighter you can get with the Olight M3X, I have two HIDs and the Olight keeps up with them and is brighter and has a better beam than the Stanley HID. I like the TK35 because it throws a huge wall of useful light out there but the M3X throws a LOT better.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have three of those aspherics from a projection TV. Inside, shining the beam against the ceiling you can see the die pattern of the led. Mine look like glass, but they are plastic, and so there is some noticeable losses in the light output. They are about 5 inches in diameter.