Klarus Mi X6 - 1 x AAA - Stainless steel body

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just received from taclight.co.uk the new Klarus Mi X6 1 x AAA with stainless steel body.

Its main data according to the manufacturer:

Features:

1. One of the smallest and brightest AAA flashlights in the world
2. Digitally regulated output, with no PWM (high speed flickering that is present in most regulated lights)
3. Highly efficient at converting energy into light
4. Max output: 85 ANSI Lumens on high.
5. Max run time: 66 hours on low
6. Reverse polarity protection protects flashlight and battery from damage

Specification:

1. Emitter: CREE XP-G R5 LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours
2. Four outputs: 26 lumens (5.7 hours) —— 3 lumens (66 hours) —— 85 lumens (70 minutes) —— Strobe 85 lumens (2.3 hrs)
3. Battery: 1 x AAA (Alkaline, Ni-MH). 10440 use is not recommended
4. Switch: Twist switch. Switch modes by loosening and tightening the flashlight head
5. Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass
6. Reflector: Textured orange peel reflector
7. Body Material: Stainless Steel
8. Dimensions: 71.6mm (Length) x 12.7mm (Head) X11.6mm (Body)
9. Net weight: 18g (Excluding battery)
10. Waterproof to IPX-8 standard (2 meters)

x609.jpg

x610ww.jpg

This light appears to be well made and definitely sturdy. The threads (steel on brass) are smooth and the switching between levels is firm and has no area of uncertain contact.
The beam is typical XP-G, clean and with a comparatively large hotspot. The tint of my specimen is warmish white.

Here are a few pics that give an idea of its size:

x601.jpg

x602.jpg

x603.jpg

x604.jpg

x605.jpg

More comments after a few days of use. :)

raphaello

Newly Enlightened
That is definitely THE BEST looking aaa flashlight I've ever seen so I'm really looking forward to some night beamshots from this little jewel !!! Please post some ASAP :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Nice pictures! I'm loving the look of this light and I should have mine in hand next week.

How is the beam compared to the other Klarus AAA, the Mi10?

HIDblue

Enlightened
Great photos kilovolt. Now if Klarus could only make a 1xAAA version in SS with a clicky....:whistle:

mrlysle

Enlightened
That is a sweet looking light. I have the Fenix LD01 in stainless and really like it except the UI is M/L/H. How does the Klarus operate? If it was L/M/H I would grab one in a heartbeat!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a sweet looking light. I have the Fenix LD01 in stainless and really like it except the UI is M/L/H. How does the Klarus operate? If it was L/M/H I would grab one in a heartbeat!

This X6 has a fixed level sequence without memory like the LD's one and it does med/min/max/strobe. I believe we could well do without the strobe on a light of this size but we also know that a lot of people want it.

hazna

Enlightened
how do you find one-hand operation of the light, does the head of the light provide enough grip?

Is there a spring at the end of the light? I know the klarus mi x5 doesn't have a spring.

It looks smaller than what I imagined... slightly thinner than the revo.

Personally I don't find the presence of strobe that annoying, the light doesn't have memory so if you want to avoid strobe you can do so completely. Just leave the light off for an extra second (or so), and it'll go back to medium

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single-hand operation of the X6 is easy if you have small hands like mine, I am not so sure in case of big hands.

There is no spring inside the body but just the usual raised button with spikes.

hazna

Enlightened
Single-hand operation of the X6 is easy if you have small hands like mine, I am not so sure in case of big hands.

There is no spring inside the body but just the usual raised button with spikes.

So its like the preon revo spring?

beerwax

Enlightened
what would be the tint on your sample please kilovolt. and i just gotta say it. its the better looking aaa stainless torch. and the other one is already pretty good.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Hi.I wonder how Klarus MiX6 compare to Klarus P1A.Is it much dimmer.I want to buy one of them and I prefer AAA flashlight,but don't know how bright is MiX6? Is it bright enough to illuminate 15 meters corridor? Thanks for any reply.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a P1A for reading in bed: its rated output of 11 lumens at min level is just about right for me. The Mi X6 has a medium (= initial) level of 26 lumens which to the eye seems only slightly more than 11 taking into account the different beam and tint. At max level the difference between 150 and 85 is more evident and the larger reflector of the P1A throws much further.

My corridor is 12 meters long and the illumination supplied by Mi X6 at max level is quite good. :)

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thank You for the fast reply.So it's not so bad and I can see what's in the dark corridor.MiX6 looks great and it will be easy to carry.:thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think ;) i have the p1a and the mi x6 too. flashlion i dont use the p1a on the keychain so if you need a klarus with long throw then the p2a is very good

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
I will use it mostly indoor so maybe MiX6 is enough bright.It's very small and will be easy to carry with me.For outdoor I use flashlights with li-ion battery.Thanks for your opinion shelm.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
stimato Kilovolt,
you could turn this thread into a review thread if you wanted to ;) (more relevant pix, more sharing of insight, experience and findings, and some measurements/tests, and it's done!)

flashlion if you like the design/looks, then yeah .. all owners love it. for serious EDC usage i use my other AAA lights. the Klarus is pratico in some sense (thin, doesnt get scratched up, light-weight (Titanium), very long runtimes, Med-Lo-Hi mode sequence, the best keychain attachment point very sturdy) but not totally 100% practical for serious EDC usage.

Kilovolt too knows more to tell about it ;)