Is this really a surefire m2?

makar

Enlightened
I came across this ebay auction and i wonder if this is really a m2. what do you think?
ebay auction sf m2
i know the c2 and the m2 body are the same (except 2 o-rings on the m2 body / 1 on the c2 body) but the bezel in the picture is not a m2 but a c2 bezel. am i wrong?
thanks for your help.
marc

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Looks like a C2 bezel to me too. I don't see the fins or more important, the shock isolation bellows in the image showing the front of the reflector.

- Don

makar

Enlightened
i asked the seller to bring light into this.

it's strange what especially on german ebay people are trying to sell.
a couple of weeks before someone sold a g2 and described it as an p6. of course he told the original price of an p6 instead of the one of the g2. after i wrote him an email he corrected it. i'm not sure if these people don't know about it or if they are trying to cheat.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could it be an older M2? The picture on the front of the manual doesnt show fins on the bezel either. Dunno about the shock isolation though. Did the M2 always have this feature?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the PH (in M2-PH) mean anything? I know I used to have a 6Z-CH that was made for Swiss dealers. It looks that the manual at least was from August 1st, 2000, but I don't know how often Surefire updates there literature. Looks like we need Al, Pk or the like on this one.

-Mike

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could be a first-gen M2, but it would have lexan lens in that case and this light has pyrex. Mr Al, help please...

p.s. I had 3 M2s, starting with summer 01, and none looked like that.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you compare the picture on the box with the light, the bezel looks different, but the picture on the manual matches the light.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
sfm2-1.jpg

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the bezel in the picture on the box is shock isolated whereas the light isn't. Could it be that the light doesn't go in box? Or do light/box mismatches from the factory happen?

-Mike

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a first generation M2, I gave one to my cousin as a graduation present when she graduated the RCMP academy (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). She graduated in Nov 2001 and I had purchased it about a year prior, it had sat unused, new in box. It was later renamed the C2 after Surefire decided to "upgrade" all the Millenium series to shock isolated lights. I have no idea about the box. The one I had was in a regular silver box.

GregR

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
double_a is correct. its just an old version M2. it used to come with a pyrex lens, non-shock-isolated bezel (basically a C2-HA), but if i'm not wrong it had two o-rings unlike the C2 which only has one (you can add the extra one if you want).

Size15's

Flashaholic
This photo of an "M2" on the ph-import site is interesting:
m2.jpg

It has an "Octagonal" anti-roll bezel. I'm not certain but I always thought that this pre-production model was never released.

The SureFire being aucioned is one of the first versions of the "M2" which did not feature the Shock Isolated Bezel. The flashlight above is basically what is now a C2-HA but it will have two TailCap o-rings and a Pyrex lens (bother features have not always been on the C2-HA) BUT unlike the C2-HA, the M2 will have both the P60 and P61.

Al

K-T

*Moderator*
This whole C2-M2-M2S thing on the PH-Import site is very confusing. They tent to call the C2 the M2Centurion while the M2 like we all know it is called M2S. In addition to that PH had at the beginning both versions of the real M2, one without and one with SIS (I believe he received a newer batch of lights and offered them, too) As a result people tend to get confused.

The M2-PH indicates it is a light sold by Ph-Import. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You'll only find out if it is the real M2 if you check the O-rings I believe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Shark

Enlightened
Confused! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gifIf this is a version that was made before Surefire made shock isolated bezels then why is there a picture of a shock isolated bezel on the box?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Perhaps the box is used to make the product photo look glossy?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my guess as I believe the box is a very recent design. I'm thinking it was about a year ago that it came out?

-Mike

makar

Enlightened
nice to see so many of you guys discussing this mysterie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the seller whom i wrote an email said that the diffrence between the c2 and the m2 are the number of o-rings. he calls the model with the shockisolated bezel m2m.

i think you are right: seems to be a new kind of naming from ph-import.

K-T

*Moderator*
I guess his M2M in his eyes is supposed to be an M2Millenium, maybe that's the second "m". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Perhaps the box is used to make the product photo look glossy?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my guess as I believe the box is a very recent design. I'm thinking it was about a year ago that it came out?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I just received an older stock E2 that was in a box just like this one it is dated 2001 so I would guess this one is also older. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif