123 body on Quark AA^2

arcaneinsomniac

Newly Enlightened
So I got the 123 body, which was kinda nuts cause it's a ring with o rings and caps and it cost $20, but the kicker is that it doesn't light up! I have to fiddle with it for minutes and all of a sudden it lights up... the tailcap doesn't make good contact with the bottom side of the tube. I'm about to stick some aluminum foil down there to see if I can fix it.

Also i bought a box of surefire 123A batteries so I know they oughta work fine. I guess I should have gone with a 17670? one of those or other...

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try flipping the body the other way around.

Also try tigtnening the silver retaining ring located in the tailcap. It has two holes in it fo that purpose. Snap ring pliers work best, but some tweezers or two shish kabob skeweres might work.

arcaneinsomniac

Newly Enlightened
Yeah i tried those. it screws shut just fine. there just is no contact. I have placed a 2mm^2 piece of aluminum foil near the threads and screwed it on, now it reliably turns on.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact 4sevens for a warrently replacement. I've had a problem where the threads bottomed out before the head got to Max mode. The threaded end was jsut about 0.1mm to short to work. 4sevens fixed me up with a new body.