Interest? in a Tailswitch capable MaxFlex5a

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been begging George over at TaskLed about releasing his boards in a configuration where you can cycle through the levels utilizing a tailswitch. This means that you would initially set-up the driver normaly via a momentary switch connected to the board and pick your current table, Cut-Off temp, ETC then switch over to UI that would change level via a break in the input power as many of the driver boards out there now do.

How many people would be interested??

Thanks Mac

CKOD

Enlightened
I'd like a tailswitch setup more then the momentary setup. you can cycle quickly though modes, and turn the light off quickly too. My H6flex lets me cycle though modes quickly, but the press and hold 2 seconds to turn off isnt quite ideal. My DerWitchel 5 mode lets me switch off and on quickly, but slow to change though modes. At first the tailswitch mode switching seems like a cop-out, but it lets you have no quiescent current, and turn the light off and on quickly, so the benefits do seem to emerge. Though EEPROM wear for a memory function becomes a slight issue then if not addressed in programming (readback to verify functioning, etc..)

archer6817j

Enlightened
Would this work with both forward and reverse type clicky?

If so, I'm inclined to say yes, but what I'd really like is something that is 3A and 17mm in diameter that works with a clicky :devil: Most of the task LED boards are way too big for all but the largest lights.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound like it'll work with stock Mag switch once programmed? That'll be awesome.,