Awesome XML P60 Module!

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Scroll down to see a recent update on this module.

Title describes it best. Thought I would give you guys something to drool over this weekend. A good friend known around here known as PCC put this awesome module together for me over the past few weeks. I am very satisfied with it to say the least. It is very bright, easily in the 700-800 lumen OTF range. Beam and tint are very nice. Like a M61 on steroids! Even with it being direct drive, because of the lower VF it maintains brightness better than expected. Bright runtime is around 40 minutes easily with my AW18650 2600mah cell. Due to the massive heatsink, heat transfer is fast. I plan to upgrade the head to one of Ronac's Cryos to complete the package. I have used the module for 8-10 minute runs so far without overheating. Current is somewhere around 4 amps. The only real drawback I can think of to this module is that it must be used only with a Z41 because of needing some resistance to overcome the low VF and direct drive issues. A McClicky switch with it's low resistance will immediately overdrive the XML and turn it blue. Until it is upgraded to a driver, it is limited to standard AW18650's and a Z41 twisty. Neither are problems for me. Again, I really like this thing. One like it can be had from PCC significantly cheaper than it's closet competitor, the Malkoff M91. Got to go for now guys, KY is getting ready to play within the hour!

Construction:

1. Solid massive machined copper heatsink.

2. McR20 reflector, intentionaly left protruding a little for future emmitter upgradeability.

3. XML T6 board.

4. Direct drive, with future driver and emmitter upgradeablility.

5. Brass positive battery contact, with delrin isolater.

Pics to start the drooling :drool::

DSCN1570.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1571.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

EDIT: 7/2/2011

Since I prefer neutral tints, the cool XML T6 was swapped out for a 4500K T5 led. The module also has a new reflector. I absolutely love the beam and tint now. 4500K is the perfect color temp for me. The module is in a different host now too. It is a fivemega 18650 all round body with z41 tail, and a heavy Solarforce A001 fluted and finned bezel. I may snag a Ronac's later if I can, but the Solarforce is a good match. The module is basically the same as before, but with a new led and a o-ring around the top of the reflector lip to hide the copper. Since copper does not stay shiny for long, I think it looks better this way. Now for the pics....

DSCN1620.jpg

DSCN1621.jpg

White wall ceiling shot:

DSCN1625.jpg

The beam against a tan wall:

DSCN1627.jpg

Shot for color reference:

DSCN1626.jpg

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I saw the pictures I knew it was PCC already......hahahah

Wow. Looks really good and let me tell you first hand these will make your light light top heavy. Makes you wish they were all made this way by the current flashlight venders like Malkoff, Dereelight, Thrunite, ect..

Great job PCC. Another homerun hit for you.

bigC

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
This module recieved a emmitter swap for a neutral XML 4500K T5 recently. Some new pics and beamshots were uploaded too. I like this module even more now!