Dorcy Spyder at Costco!

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightDR and I went to Costco and were very impressed by what we saw...

Costco was selling the "Dorcy Spyder." Well actually there were two in a pack. The pack includes two Spyders, two holsters, and 4 123A lithium batteries. The batteries weren't some off-brand either, they were Duracell Ultras.

The Spyder is a 2x123A light, that has a xenon bulb. The body is about the size of an E2e, but the bezel is bigger than the E2e's. Due to the bezel's size, it might make for a good light to mod.

Oh, and did I mention the price for 2 lights, 2 holsters, and 4 123A lithium batteries was $27.00? Not bad, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like they have raised the price or maybe the price is different in different locations. Slick said they were $23.99 in his New Lithium Light from Dorcy - the "Spyder" thread. There are lots of pics for the curious.

It is still an excellent price. I checked one out. They sell them for $19.99 at Meijers here. They are replacing the Brinkmann Legend LX with the Dorcy Spyder in their stores. I like the Brinkmann Legend LX more though. It is bigger than the Spyder and doesn't come with a holster but has a much better beam.

Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sotyakr

Enlightened
They've also been $27 since intro about a month ago at the local Costco's in the north SF Bay Area.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Just checked Costco website. No "Dorcy Spyder", or "Dorcy" or "Spyder" or even "flashlight" !

Brightnorm

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rhinobalsa said:
Thanks for the update. I'm headed out to El Camino Real Market Place this morning.
Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! Can it be? A Santa Barbara CPFer? Wow!

I was at Camino Real Marketplace this morning too. I picked up the Dorcy Sypder. My dad got one light, and I got the other. I am pretty impressed by the light for the price. The body seems sturdy, and overall it is an excellent light except for one thing. The Beam. It reminds me of a Mag beam, uneven and rough. But for the price, you can't beat it.

It seems pretty bright, and is comparable to an MN03. Now I only wish it was dark so I could put this light to some real use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost forgot..... Another great thing about this package is the holster fits the L4 superbly!

sotyakr

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
Just checked Costco website. No "Dorcy Spyder", or "Dorcy" or "Spyder" or even "flashlight" !

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, from what I've seen, most of the stuff available on Costco's website isn't sold at their local stores and vice versa.

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Costco in San Diego has got it for $19.99 Too bad the reflector is smooth instead of textured. Can't beat 2 2x123 lights for $19.99 tho.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well its confirmed, there are Spyders at the Seattle area Costcos!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I just picked up a twin pack for $26.99 before the governor's share ($2.38). Now its over to the Sandwich Shoppe for some emitters and down to Pacific Industrial Supply for some copper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Later.

Dan

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by my local Costco last week that they are being discontinued and replaced by another item (probably a LED package). I've been waiting for them to come in after following these threads. When they told me that they were being discontinued, I bought several with CPFers in mind and I have them for sale on B/S/T.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Yes, I can confirm this item is being deleted by Costco. That's what the little * at the top right of the item sign means. If you ever see that, the item is going away after it has sold out (not to say they won't get more at a different time, but typically if they do it's a different model with some kind of variation). The Costco here in Ft. Worth still has four pallets of these lights. I expect they'll last at least till Christmas. I'm keeping my eye on them in case the price drops, as some typically do when they only have a few left.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brite one said:
I'm going to have to go with my dad to Costco this weekend for an "errand"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds too framilar... except my dad can usually sense the urgency in my voice when I want to go for a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hogosha

Newly Enlightened
I spoke to on of the customer service reps from Dorcy the other week, and he told me the Spyder will be available at BJ's Wholesale soon.

Defectfully
Patrick

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Can someone who owns this light give us a quick review on it ? Mostly concerning on the quality of the beam and brightness?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search for a review. There are a few threads with review info in them. It's a excellent buy. It's not a SF, but you can own 2 of them for less than the best price of one G2. I don't have a meter, but by sight it's at least as bright as a G2. The beam isn't anywhere near as smooth as the SF but mine is much whiter than the SF. And to replace it is $4 compared to $15+. The 4 Duracell CR123s alone at retail are just about worth the price of the whole package.

These are being discontinued. If you're lucky enough to find them, I wholeheartedly recommend that you pick up a set or two.

Latest posts