Lumapower Signature Tactical LX question

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Lumapower Signature T LX light, it's a neat little piece of work that appears to actually emit close to "500 of it's claimed 580 lumens." I have a curiosity pertaining to the inclusion of the green phosphorus band within it's lens, at the outer point of the reflector.

What function is this actually serving, if any? Thanks for any input....:confused:

Jackasper

Enlightened
I've got the Trust 1 and it has the same thing, I like it! The tailcap glows too. I'm thinking that when you set it down after turning it off it will be easier to find (for a few minutes) in the pitch black of darkness.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
It performs the same function as any other o ring but with the added benefit that it glows in the dark

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened
I've got the Trust 1 and it has the same thing, I like it! The tailcap glows too. I'm thinking that when you set it down after turning it off it will be easier to find (for a few minutes) in the pitch black of darkness.

I guess this is the most likely reason, at least it's the best I can think of. It is of course a tactical light, I imagine they did so for a variety of reasons, such as dropping the light, or having it fall from a mount ect..

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone explain to me how/why this light(Signature Tactical-LX)can can be input rated 2.8 - 12V? The best you can load the thing is with one 18650, or two CR123/RCR123's. The light is nowhere near putting out 580 lumens, I was just wondering how it can be driven at 12V, and with/by what?

pageyjim

Enlightened
Can anyone explain to me how/why this light(Signature Tactical-LX)can can be input rated 2.8 - 12V? The best you can load the thing is with one 18650, or two CR123/RCR123's. The light is nowhere near putting out 580 lumens, I was just wondering how it can be driven at 12V, and with/by what?

It comes with an extension tube for up to 3 rcr123's.

Latest posts