Recommendations for New Flashlight

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
I havent been on this forum for awhile. Last time I asked the same question I bought the Husky from Home Depot that was recommended and have been using it every since. Works great. The only problem with it is the beam is too narrow and cant be adjusted.

Anyway Im looking for another flashlight mainly for work which is working/inspecting aircraft at night.

I would like to find a LED Adjustable Flashlight as Bright as possible and uses either AAA, AA, C or D batteries. Reasonable price and Ebay or online store is fine.

I welcome any help or suggestions

Imon

Enlightened
By adjustable you mean a flood-to-throw kind of light right?

If you're inspecting aircraft wouldn't a light with more flood make more sense?
Anyways, it look like what you need is a Maglite 2D (or larger) with a Malkoff drop-in.

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
Yes it would be the flood to throw. True the flood might make more sense but also need enough beam to reach the tail of the aircraft.

Im not too crazy about Maglite. I have one right now and thought about doing the modification but it hasnt been a very good flashlight.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
LED Lensor flashlights makes several focusing lights which run on AA, AAA , or D batteries. I have never owned any of these lights, but I have seen them listed at http://batteryjunction.com. Have a look at the site and see if any of their lights may work.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I don't know your budget, but an economical light that won't sting the wallet is the Rominsen RC-29 II. It takes a single AA, has an aspheric lens and is twist focusable from spot to flood. Shiningbeam is one CPF dealer that carries it and there may be others.

Last edited:

freq18hz

Newly Enlightened
Yeah what is your budget? For instance, something like a Surefire E1B + a flip up diffusor cap would work great, but you would be spending around $200 for it.

-Freq

Jackasper

Enlightened
I have several of the Led Lenser models and within your criteria (focusable/AAA,AA) you cant go wrong with them. Very simple UI, one finger focus. Personally, my favorite is the P5 model. 3" Single cell AA has a great beam for the $30 (ish) you'll spend.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few LED Lenser lights, and although they are not my favorite lights they do fit your criteria very well. So check em out. The M7 (4AA,) MT7 (4AA,) or M7R (rechargeable 18650 battery) all with 220 lumens using and focusable beam seems to be a favorite among LED Lenser fans. ClickHere

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the recommendations. Im going to reesearch them. Has anyone heard of the Coast flashlights? They sound pretty good and have some focusing models. Just not sure which one?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the recommendations. Im going to reesearch them. Has anyone heard of the Coast flashlights? They sound pretty good and have some focusing models. Just not sure which one?

Coast is the name of the company. They are the LED Lenser lights they sell.
My pick go the M14 short and fat. Not sure if they sell it.
Be careful there are many LED Lenser fakes out there buy from a place you trust.

cheers

Last edited:

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
What is the difference between T7 and P7 flashlights? Like which is better 8607 L7 or 8420 T7??

jet757f

Newly Enlightened
I guess they are the same light just one is tactical and the other regular

I just bought a Coast 8414 off Ebay but still plan on buying the 8407