Local Bass Pro no longer selling SureFires :(

jugg2

Enlightened
I went to my local Bass Pro yesterday to pick up a couple things and of course I always have to check out the SureFire display and it was gone!

I talked to a BP rep and he said SureFire had priced themselves out of the store and they took the display down... He pointed me to the last remaining SF light in the store, on sale just to get rid of it... A 6P for $39!

Of course I couldn't pass that up so I walked out with a bittersweet attitude of the visit... One good deal but no more locally available SureFires.

Anyone else see the same thing going on at other Bass Pros?

Caleb Wilson

Imon

Enlightened
Huh ... interesting. I'll have to check my local Bass Pro now...

I don't think many of us buy Surefires for MSRP anyways which is what everyone sells them for unless they're on clearance or putting them on sale.

jugg2

Enlightened
How can you blame them? I think SF is shooting themselves in the foot.

Rich

Even as a dedicated SF fan I have to agree with you... The average consumer isn't going to pay their high prices for lights.

Caleb Wilson

BriteIdea

Newly Enlightened
I don't own a Surefire but would it not be a good idea for someone to write or contact them, via website, and let them know.
If I have a product and it may be a good product and I decide to price my product due to quality but then I don't realize that I have over priced myself, I think the concept that Bass Pro removing that product should be good indication of their ripeoff pricing.
I found that true with another product and I contacted the manufacture. They blamed the retailer. I contacted the retailer and they in turn told me that the manufacture is to blame for the high prices.
A lot of politics and we take the brunt of it all.

Imon

Enlightened
OK, so I've been debating whether to post this on the CPFMP or on CPF proper and just decided to post it here since there's already a thread here.

I checked out my local Bass Pro Shop today (Grapevine, TX) because of this thread and I discovered that there is indeed a clearance on most of their Surefire lights - at least the little that they had in.
So I talked to a guy there and they said that it appears to them that they will only be carrying the E2DL, 6PX, and the G2X in the future. Bummer.
I'm not particularly interested in the new "X" lights because ... well, you can't use drop-ins and I already own a E2DL. Anyways, it's not like I buy my SFs from Bass Pro Shop.

And for those of you who are interested they had a C3 Centurion and one M3 Combatlight Incan (Could have been a M4, forgot, sorry) left in stock, they were priced at $85 and $185 respectively.

sawlight

Enlightened
Sportsman's Warehouse and Gander Mountain both dropped Surefire last year. I was in the Tulsa Bass Pro about six months ago and the pickings were slim then and the salesman said they were thinning them out as best they could then going to close them out. Of course I couldn't get a discount at the time!
I find this rather disappointing as Surefire was just getting on the band wagon with some neat lights the the public has been wanting/asking for, for a long time, like the E2AA. But at these prices, I can't even see LEO sales carrying them through the economy we face right now.
I'm going to go cry now.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Sportsman's Warehouse and Gander Mountain both dropped Surefire last year. I was in the Tulsa Bass Pro about six months ago and the pickings were slim then and the salesman said they were thinning them out as best they could then going to close them out. Of course I couldn't get a discount at the time!
I find this rather disappointing as Surefire was just getting on the band wagon with some neat lights the the public has been wanting/asking for, for a long time, like the E2AA. But at these prices, I can't even see LEO sales carrying them through the economy we face right now.
I'm going to go cry now.

my Sportsman Warehouse is still a full line surefire dealer. and the local Gander has the 6pl g2l and saint minimus.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i guess they really don't want our (regular folks) buissnes anymore.