I found the Garrity LED lights at Walmart...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
DAMN!

I got two. The 3AAA and the cute little 3LED 2x2032 head light.

I put the batteries in the head light. You have to pull the body off the head piece to get to the batts. And you twist the removable part to put the light where you want it. It is SO cute!

Anyhow while it was still loose, I hit the switch. Light. I hit it again, half light. I hit it again, flash. So far so good.

I went to re-attach it to the head piece. The light flickered and went out. I had bought extra 2032s so I installed them. No light. DAMMIT! I think the little switch must have went bad. No way to get into it to try anything. I am going to try sending an email to Garrity about it.

The 3AAA light is far out! Weird shape! Plastic that feels like rubber! Blotchy weird beam (that is way better without the bezel attached). The modes and the power indicator lights are cool.

Now, I know why I bought the head light. It looks super cool, and only cost >$10. But why in the he77 did I buy the 3AAA light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol guy you wont get a email im sure you know that. they just make there product but dont care about it after it leaves ther factory...but i hope it works out for you joe

carbonsparky

Enlightened
Take the headlight back if it does not work. Walmart is great about accepting returns of nonworking items.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Vewy Vewy Intewesting...

I tore the rubber cover off the switch...
By tweaking it with my fingernail before pushing it, I can get it to work. Now that I have, I see that I will NOT ever buy another! A couple reasons. It is pretty dim. I COULD read a book in total darkness, but it doesn't point down enough for my bifocal glasses!!! And I have to get the book too close not to use the lower part to see!

I do see where a headlight could be QUITE useful, and may go after a good one eventually.

HMMMMMM..... Maybe I can harvest the LEDs out of this....

A cute little, but nearly useless light.

JJHitt

Enlightened
Joe, I dont know how to rate it for "cute", but I love my PT Aurora. Oversized, but very comfortable strap (that's the trade off: the smaller they are the more you are aware of them being on your head).

Texas Tactical has the best price I've found on them, even with having to pay state sales tax.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
faff9394.jpg

This is why I call it cute!

I have seen Petzl headlights around here. Haven't seen Aurora anywhere that I remember.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o joe i thought you meant that hand held 5 funtion lite for some reason. i almost bought the one in ya pic. im glad i didnt though but it is neat looking. i think dorcy has the cheap led market though ive heard bad things about garity