nitecore ife1 problems

zoroko

Newly Enlightened
After reading around, and lots of looking I decided on the nitecore ife1 because of its size and functions. So far I've loved the lights, its perfect for what I want, but i've had the light for less than a week and now im having some problems with it.

The light has started acting really funny. I bought brand new rechargeable batteries to go with it. At work and on max brightness the light started to flicker. I came home and played with it some more, and the light will either flicker, or go into SOS on its own. When I put in a different battery it will simply just turn off. All this happens in less than a minute, now its more like 10-30 seconds.

Any ideas? Could all my brand new batteries be bad? Is that light bad?

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I've been carrying one daily for almost 4 months with the only problem the clip being a bit tough on some pockets. I also found out if I run it on the highest setting all the time battery life isn't very long.
I don't run the small rechargables in a single cell light any more because I use mine a good bit and the small rechargables don't have enough run time. I end up grabbing a CR123 any way. It sounds like your batterys may be the problem so I would try some CR123 primarys.
Billy

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that, I am in love with mine & it runs perfectly. I couldn't imagine a better pocket light... I would send yours back for an exchange with your retailer. This light is worth it.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine has a flicker on high but i believe it is when the cells are starting to die, i can dial out the flicker by turning the ring to down the output a little.

zoroko

Newly Enlightened
mine has a flicker on high but i believe it is when the cells are starting to die, i can dial out the flicker by turning the ring to down the output a little.

that was my first thought, but it happens with freshly charged batteries, and it either flickers, goes into SOS or turns off... :( ... i guess ill email nitecore.

.....i seem to have really bad luck with flashlights, ive had to get my fenix tk12 replaced... twice, but thats a whole 'nother story.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
you have been unlucky ! oh well get the bad ones out the way now and youl have years of trouble free purchases !
only bad luck ive had is my E1L was stolen - it was a wedding present and stolen on my wedding night !

Latest posts